This position is responsible for overseeing the Last Mile Claims Process in its entirety. This includes claim initiation, research and fact gathering to determine claim validity. The Claims Specialist must be professional, highly analytical and detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Claims Specialist will be responsible for creating weekly and monthly metrics and reporting for upper management and location managers. This position requires regular interaction with all Last Mile location managers, account managers and IC owners to achieve claim resolution. The Claim Specialist should continually review and streamline current processes to reduce claim turnaround, improve client/customer satisfaction and reduce claim expense within their control.
- Point of contact for all property and merchandise claims.
- Gather initial claim data from client/customer, location manager and IC Owner and record on Ongoing Claims Log.
- Initiate contact with client/customer to obtain information regarding the claim and work with the client/customer until the claim is accepted or denied.
- Establish open working relationship with location managers to promote timely resolution of open claims.
- Complete claim forms and track claim status start to finish including payment processing.
- Attend monthly meetings with Billing and Account Managers to review open claims for select clients to escalate resolution of aged claims.
- Maintain SOP’s documenting the claims processes.
- Prepare weekly and monthly metrics and reporting for distribution to applicable parties.
- Other duties as assigned including research of claim processing software and implementation.
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications, including advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with client/customer and all levels of staff and management including the Senior Leadership Team.
- Ability to process, develop and analyze data timely and accurately.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
- A self-starter. Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree in business preferred, but not required.
- 3 years experience claims processing
- Experience in 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) environment or transportation industry a plus.
- Experience in invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and customer service would also be an asset.
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.