Supply Chain Analyst
This position supports new business growth by collaborating with prospective and existing customers to develop value by providing creative solutions in areas such as warehousing, technology systems, transportation, last mile delivery services, etc. The position will be in full charge of supporting shared services and the Supply Chain team on multiple programs. Analyst is responsible for using analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, and enhance supply chain processes and business development operations as well as audit existing profitability of new and existing clients and provide recommendations to internal engineer to increase profitability resources. The position also provides support to the Sales team along with developing pricing, facility layouts, profitability analyses, and initial P&L budgets for new business opportunities. The position is also responsible for preparing solution proposals and operational concepts to new potential clients.
- Manage the continuous improvement efforts in support of our Last Mile hubs; utilize Supply Chain Optimization tools to proactively analyze routing, service territory and frequency
- Develop pricing, profitability analyses, and initial P&L /budgets for new business opportunities. Prepare solution proposals and operational concepts to potential new clients.
- Build and leverage effective alliances within and across the company. Leverage cross-functional teams to develop business cases, RFP responses, network analysis studies, customer presentations and processes.
- Gathers and interprets relevant data (costs, productivity, demand patterns, etc.)
- Investigates problems, finds root causes, and develops solutions
- Develops periodic performance reports and distributes them to stakeholders
- Monitors contract compliance of carriers and other logistics service providers
- Provides analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals
- Coordinates delivery schedules and other supply chain activities
- Business development modeling and support
- Present evaluation reports from audits to the management team.
- Conducts organizational studies and work simplification studies to help streamline business processes
- Develop and maintain business relationships through effective communication with all levels of management.
- Support initiatives that enhance process standardization and industry best practices.
- Interprets financial statements
- Experience with Coupa Supply Chain Modeler (formerly LLamasoft SCG) a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; familiar with logistics and production planning concepts (e.g., just-in-time, materials requirement planning); broad range of computer skills—database, spreadsheet, statistics applications, and logistics software packages; understand contracts and tariffs; self-directed; ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change; comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels; project management skills.
- Strong ability to problem solve, generate ideas, challenge status quo, and develop creative solutions. Outside the box thinker.
- Some knowledge and experience in facility planning and/or network optimization and modeling.
- This position requires interaction with internal/external customers. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management, peers, and clients as necessary.
- Excellent task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills required.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills necessary, including the ability to develop cost models and operations metrics.
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency in MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio. Advanced proficiency in MS Excel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management and/or Operations Management, and/or 1-3 years of Logistics/Supply Chain, Transportation, Business/Operations Analyst, Project Management and/or Sales support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience/certification in Six Sigma, 5S, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Process Engineering, ISO, Best Practices and WERC Best-in-Class a plus.
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.