The HR Specialist leads learning and development systems and process. Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of HR initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems to promote employee engagement thru recognition programs and consistent communications.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of training programs, both outsourced and in-house.
- Review, select and supervise external training partners.
- Manage the selection process, implementation and maintenance of a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Ensure records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements are maintained.
- Evaluate program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Support training budget; maintain records and reports of expenses.
- Oversee the Manager onboarding process.
- Manage the HR program and process for recognition and VIA including Employee of the Month/Year, Buddy Awards, Service Awards and publishing of Milestones.
- Manage HR communication in SharePoint to include HR Department Page, HR Back Office, and business cards.
- Prepare and coordinate HR announcements and communications.
- HR liaison for outside services in relation to Employee/Engagement Surveys.
- Use data gained to Identify issues, research best practices and generate recommendations to drive continuous improvement in employee engagement
- Provide back-up and support for new hire orientation and onboarding
- Conduct stay and exit interviews to gather feedback and makes suggestions to improve the employee experience.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors and act with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organization, priority-setting and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn and work with a variety of computer software applications.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Process Improvement and project management knowledge and skills
- BA/BS in a business-related field such as Human Resources, Finance, or Business Administration preferred.
- 3-5 years general Human Resources.
- Some experience with training and development preferred.
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.