Business Process Analyst - Transportation
Technology and Computer-related
The Business Process Analyst - Transportation aligns business unit/function requirements to the enterprise transportation system. This role focuses on:
- Transportation process requirements management
- Transportation process and system modeling, implementation and adoption
- Transportation process and system measurement and tracking
- Transportation continuous process and system improvement
This position is responsible for leading the design and delivery of the solutions related to those specific business processes. The analyst will work with the business unit and business function partners on managing the project execution to maximize business value. The analyst will be ensuring that the processes are adopted well in the organizational units through user training.
Candidates for this position should have a solid understanding of transportation business processes (Freight Audit, Carrier Performance Measurement, Freight Pricing, and Transportation Planning and Execution). Ideal candidates will have implemented various Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and have served as a functional analyst within a Transportation department. Experience with a 3PL is preferred.
- Analyze and evaluate current processes and systems, benchmark best practices and recommend improvement solutions.
- Lead the design and delivery of Transportation projects.
- Provide project management and implementation leadership.
- Ensure functional and system design specifications meet established architectural standards.
- Ensure strong working relationship with key business users and management.
- Understand the emerging technology and upgrade features for each process and determine which should be prioritized and implemented.
- Coordinate with Business Managers, Leads, and Analysts to work toward a common solution.
- Analyze and offer recommendations to improve the use and execution of business system applications.
- Work with business analysts in identifying system weaknesses and recommend solutions.
- Document application functionality.
- Create design and specification proposals.
- Perform feasibility and functional studies.
- Estimate project resource and time requirements.
- Plan and organize activities and resources to achieve short and long-range goals.
- Transportation Management System (TMS) design, architecture and processes.
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools: Power BI, SSRS, Sql Server.
- Working knowledge of building front-end dashboards using data visualization tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL to query large and complex data sets, test query results, and tune query performance.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, conceptual skills are necessary.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires interaction with internal/external customers. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management, peers, and clients is necessary.
- Willing to identify, own, and solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration or equivalent combination of experience and/or education required.
- 5+ years Transportation Analyst experience.
- 5+ years design/support experience in one or more TMS application.
- 5+ years of system design, process management and implementation work experience in a related applications area is required.
- 3+ years of project management experience utilizing standard project planning / management tools, and extensive knowledge in project management and control.
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills to convey ideas and problem solutions
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.