Manager Business Intelligence
This position is responsible for leading a team of Business Intelligence (BI) developers that are responsible for the development and design of BI reports, dashboards, scoreboards, Integrations, and other solutions for customer, internal operations, and strategic analytic business needs. This position will function as the IT Lead on development projects as well as day to day support of Business Intelligence. This position is also responsible for setting the design and quality of Business intelligence. This position will typically lead a team of 1-3 resources. Due to the size of this team, this position is expected to be “hands on” within the development, testing and support of BI. This includes the designs, development, installation, management, and maintenance of Business Intelligence solutions using Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (Power BI, SSRS, Sql Server, SSIS, SSAS). Works closely with internal customers on the design and visualization of operational and strategic data.
- Function as IT Tech Lead on multiple projects, supporting PMO for large projects or internal customers for smaller projects
- Function as IT contact for Customer Service
- Actively work with, provide guidance, and motivate team to:
- Build and maintain Business Intelligence solutions that supports the needs and objectives of the business
- Leverage best practices in a way to ensure continued high-quality
- Follow standard IT policies and procedures
- Create and maintain related documentation
- Manage performance and development of direct reports (BI Developers).
- Mentors with regard to coding standards, source control, stored procedures, Business Intelligence, etc.
- Conduct annual reviews and set goals for direct reports
- Designs, develops, and unit tests Business Intelligence reporting, dashboards, analytics, and ad-hoc reports using Microsoft Sql Server BI Stack (Power BI, SSRS, Sql Server).
- Designs visualizations from relational databases, multidimensional cubes, and tabular models to support operational and analytical needs.
- Integrates data from multiple sources to support Business Intelligence using TSQL and SSIS
- Contributes to design of data warehouse and data marts supporting Business Intelligence.
- Conducts data investigations and assists the business partners with complex data analysis and ad-hoc queries.
- Monitors queries and report behavior to assure performance expectations are met.
- Responsible for Microsoft Business Intelligence development standards.
- Works directly with internal customers on design of reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools: Power BI, SSRS, Sql Server
- Working knowledge of building front-end dashboards using data visualization tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL to query large and complex data sets, test query results, and tune query performance.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, conceptual skills are necessary.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- This position requires interaction with internal/external customers. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management, peers, and clients is necessary.
- Willing to identify, own, and solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to perform as technical project lead
- Ability to lead and mentor Business Intelligence developers.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of experience and/or education required.
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools: Power BI, SSRS, Sql Server
- Experience with T-SQL to build queries and stored procedures used by Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Experience with relational databases required.
- Experience developing and querying SSAS models (Multidimensional and Tabular) using MDX and DAX
- Experience with SSIS
- 2 or more years working with source control applications, Microsoft TFS
- Experience with managing/mentoring team members
- Experience as Technical Project Lead
- Distribution, logistics, supply chain, and/or manufacturing industry experience a plus.
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.