Furniture Repair Technician - *1st Shift + Benefits*
Warehouse and Operations
Our Furniture Shop Technicians perform complex technical work in all aspect of furniture repair including case goods, upholstery and motion products.
- Presents professional appearance by being in proper uniform and well organized.
- Identify all necessary tools and equipment to perform job.
- Inspects and touch-ups new furniture being loaded for delivery.
- Finishes or refinishes damaged new furniture to specific color or finish, utilizing knowledge of wood/metal properties, finishes and furniture styling.
- Proficient with “burn in” repairs.
- Trained on repairs and to rebuild upholstered furniture, using hand tools and knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods.
- Performs stain removal from a variety of materials when applicable.
- Repairs minor scuffs and dye lot discrepancies to leather products.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift, lower, push or pull furniture up to and in excess of 100lb (with assistance if needed)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship, artistic and/or carpentry services
- Efficiency with color matching and blending
- Wood repairs including scratches, dents and splits
- Upholstery repairs including structural/internal mechanism replacements
This position is located at 300 Oak Bluff Lane, Goodlettsville, TN. View the Google Map in full screen.