The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of logistics management and distribution activities for the facility including P&L, customer satisfaction, inventory, shipping and receiving, and delivery of product. Manages, develops, trains, and coaches staff.
- Defines key performance metrics and benchmarking against industry best practices and drives continuous improvement through use of technology, equipment, and improved processes.
- Manages budget responsibilities for the facility. Monitors and tracks all costs and implements processes and policies to control costs.
- Drives customer processes and procedures across the distribution network.
- Identifies employees’ skills and develops them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis. Ensures that staff is properly trained per customer requirements.
- Acts as a liaison between the facility and corporate office. Educates employees on company policies and procedures, or directs them to the appropriate person.
- Provides information to facilitate coordination of overall organization distribution. Collects information on present and future distribution needs.
- Arranges adequate space requirements for storage of products and develops changes in distribution techniques and practices.
- Reviews production and shipment records of all products to determine conformity with customer commitments.
- Evaluates and recommends shipping deadlines, and takes corrective action to eliminate behind schedule conditions.
- Ensures that all order cycle time metrics are achieved for the customer, and maintains accurate inventory records.
- Ensures that the facility complies with relevant cleanliness and safety/OSHA parameters.
- Provides back-up assistance to all departments when needed.
- Five to ten years of related operations and management experience required, including experience in a high velocity business to business and business to consumer distribution environment (preferably with a 3PL). Related B.S. degree preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization are necessary.
- Ability to take care of customer’s needs and proactively find solutions to work-related problems while following company procedures is required.
- Proven computer proficiency with MS Office and logistics/warehouse management systems.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills required.
This position is located at 1420 Toshiba Drive, Lebanon, TN. View the Google Map in full screen.