Transportation Billing Specialist
Accounting and Finance
The Transportation Billing Specialist is responsible for providing billing, carrier expense and claims processing support to the Fidelitone Transportation Department. The Transportation Billing Specialist will undertake a variety of financial and non-financial tasks to ensure transportation billing is created and distributed timely and accurately and will be responsible for validating and processing carrier expense payments. The Transportation Analyst will also manage parcel and LTL claims for clients along with revenue and expense analysis, preparation of month end accruals and special projects as required.
- Audit carrier invoices to validate charges before the customer invoice is prepared.
- Work with carriers to resolve exceptions, payment issues and payment inquiries.
- Review and code carrier invoices and submit for payment. Fidelitone utilizes a variety of carriers (UPS, FedEx, Mail Innovations, TTC, etc.) and pays by check and check card. Different submission processes are required for each method of payment.
- Review client contracts to ensure correct rates are charged.
- Create customer LTL and parcel invoicing by client and system (manual entry, upload, etc.). Fidelitone uses multiple systems and has multiple processes that vary by customer.
- Marry freight invoices with appropriate back-up paperwork and distribute to client.
- Manage parcel and LTL claims submitted by customers to ensure timely and accurate processing of claims. This includes validation, filing and tracking of claims throughout the full claim life cycle.
- Prepare billing and expense accruals for accounting at month end.
- Assist Transportation Manager with compliance, special projects and system work as needed.
- Knowledge of relevant modes of transportation (LTL, TL, Expedited, Small Parcel, Air, Ocean) to provide client service and innovative solutions.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and customer service skills.
- This position requires interaction with internal and external customers. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management, peers, and clients is necessary.
- Excellent problem-solving, task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills required.
- Strong analytical abilities and data entry skills.
- Demonstrated strong organization and time management skills
- Strong communicant skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to derive concise results from large amounts of data.
- Advanced Microsoft Office abilities for analysis, particularly in Excel.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Quick learner, self-starter.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a minimum of 3 years of Logistics/Supply Chain, Transportation or Business Analyst experience.
- Minimum 3 years billing experience.
- Accounting experience a plus.
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.