Warehouse and Operations
The selected candidate will be responsible for the efficient transportation and delivery of product to customers in a manner and condition that meets customer and company requirements. Duties will include the delivery of material to warehouse locations and customer offices. Must maintain high safety standards and comply with all Federal Motor carrier Safety Regulations (FMcSR). Also responsible for timely reporting.
- Transports and delivers goods in accordance with the schedule as determined by supervisor.
- Properly secures loads and ensures loads are within weight limits.
- Verifies counts and condition of goods loaded and unloaded. Makes reports of overages, shortages, and breakage/damage as needed.
- Assures that all equipment/product is safely loaded and securely transported.
- Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reports into the dispatch office when completing a scheduled delivery and/or when delayed.
- Completes daily equipment (truck) maintenance logs, delivery, and driver logs.
- Verifies all customer documentation is complete and that all activity is reported accurately on the installation/driver’s form, and returns all paperwork to the office on a daily basis.
- Operates the truck in a safe manner. Reports any vehicle problems and defects. Must comply with all Federal Motor carrier Safety Regulations (FMcSR) and other standards and regulations. Maintains a good driving record.
- Assures that the truck is unloaded, well kept, and maintained.
- Abides and follows company safety policy and conducts all activities as safely as possible.
- Duties will include the delivery of equipment and products.
- Trains new company drivers and IC’s on routes and customer processes and procedures.
- Assists with any other tasks in the warehouse or deliveries as necessary.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- A current/unexpired valid driver’s license is required.
- Must have a current medical certificate, or the ability to obtain one.
- Heavy Lifting required (100+ lbs.)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and overtime with little notice.
- Must successful complete a criminal background investigation and drug screen.
- Must maintain a clean criminal record and remain drug free.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum one year of driving experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent and 6 months-1 year of related experience are preferred.
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.