Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Professor, Psychology in the School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences to join our team of exceptional faculty. As an FSW faculty member, you have the opportunity to directly impact the college mission to inspire our students to 'Dedicate to Graduate'.
The School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences supports all degree and certificate programs of study offered at FSW. Through a broad curriculum, the SoAHSS provides high-quality teaching and learning experiences that are accessible and affordable, and prepares students to achieve the majority of their general education competencies. The interdisciplinary scope of the School, as well as its focus on expressions of the human experience, prepares students for the diversity of the world in which we live. The School is committed to promoting respect for the uniqueness of every individual, while demonstrating through our coursework the commonalities that unite humanity.
The School ardently serves as an economic, cultural and civic beacon in our community, while our fine and performing arts programs underscore our commitment to contribute to the rich and diverse cultural life of our community.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have earned a doctoral or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in Psychology (a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in the teaching discipline)
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the subject areas to be taught (e.g., Lifespan Development, Introduction to Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology, Human Sexuality, Psychology of Adjustment, and Human Relations in Business and Industry)
- Demonstrate ability to use technology in creating and delivering course content
- Express interest in working with diverse populations and be prepared to travel to and teach at multiple remote collegiate high schools
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Accepting applications through May 30, 2021
- Master’s Degree $48,769.42
- Master’s Degree plus 30 approved Semester Hours beyond Master’s or 45 approved Quarter Hours $50,766.96
- Master’s Degree plus 60 approved Semester Hours beyond Master’s or 90 approved Quarter Hours or MFA when it is a terminal degree within field $54,764.75
- Doctorate $55,964.25
Our location offers you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise on a regular basis. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.