Campus Grounds Maintenance Lead
Facilities and Plant Operations
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Campus Grounds Maintenance Lead to join our team of exceptional employees. This position is responsible for outdoors work performing a range of plant and landscape design as well as involvement in campus maintenance.
The Department of Facilities Planning and Management aggressively pursues the department's mission to develop, implement and manage the College's facilities and grounds in order to offer a healthful, safe and secure environment for students, faculty and staff. Facility planning provides the technical knowledge and experience to conceptualize design and construct projects necessary to continue Florida SouthWestern State College's mission.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in horticulture, landscape architecture or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in parks maintenance, golf course, or resort landscaping and management, or a related field. Appropriate combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Possession of, or eligible to obtain, a valid Florida Driver’s license and the ability to travel independently throughout the College service district.
- Serves as a liaison to outside contractors and vendors
- The ability to perform or oversee the following tasks:
- Map out areas for irrigation installation
- Installation of pipes, lines, pumps and electrical timers
This position routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 50 or more pounds.
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Accepting applications through May 16, 2021.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.