Professor, Biology and Environmental Science
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Professor, Biology and Environmental Science in the School of Pure and Applied Science to join our team of exceptional faculty. As an FSW faculty member, you have the opportunity to directly impact the college mission to inspire our students to 'Dedicate to Graduate'. This position is located at a satellite campus allowing for greater leadership and program development.
The School of Pure and Applied Sciences supports FSW's Associate of Arts Degree by offering a rigorous curriculum in math and science. A student’s successful completion of the general education and discipline-specific aspects of the degree establishes a foundation for lifelong learning and prepares the student to be a thoughtful, informed, global citizen. This educational experience fosters academic excellence, interdisciplinary dialog, respect for self and others, and social responsibility.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Doctoral or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the discipline area (a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in the teaching discipline).
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in creating and delivering course content
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the subject area to be taught
- Experience working with a diverse population including dual enrollment students.
- Willingness to teach some evening classes.
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Accepting applications through May 9, 2021.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.