Campus Police Officer
Administrative & Clerical Positions
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Public Safety Officer to join our team of exceptional employees. Our sworn law enforcement officers provide public safety services on a designated FSW campus and Collegiate High School to ensure a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in criminal justice or related field.
- Two (2) years of significant and progressively responsible experience in law enforcement, security services, military police, and/or public safety management. Additional combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Must meet the requirements established in Florida Statutes Chapter 943.13 officers' minimum qualifications for employment or appointment to include achieving an acceptable score on the Florida officer certification examination.
- First Aid, CPR, AED training, or the ability to acquire related certification(s) within a 12-month period.
- Ability to work various shifts including day, afternoon and evening hours as the College dictates. Additionally, may be designated as “Essential Personnel” in times of emergency.
- Prior successful law enforcement experience from out of state currently enrolled or considering enrolling in the Florida Equivalency Of Training program are encouraged to apply.
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Florida Retirement System membership (FRS)
- Tuition assistance and other opportunities for you and your dependents
Hourly rate: $19.88
Accepting applications through March 19, 2023.
Submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
Florida SouthWestern State College, an equal access institution, prohibits discrimination in its employment, programs and activities based on race, sex, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or veteran status. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal access or equal opportunity should be addressed to the College’s Title IX Coordinator/Equity Officer: Angie Snyder; Room A-106A; 8099 College Parkway SW, Fort Myers, FL 33919; (239) 489-9051; email@example.com. FSW online anonymous reporting www.fsw.edu/report. Inquiries/complaints can be filed with the Title IX Coordinator/Equity Officer online, in person, via mail, via email, or with the US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights, Atlanta Office: 61 Forsyth St. SW Suite 19T70, Atlanta, GA 30303-8927.