Veterans and Military Services Specialist
Administrative & Clerical Positions
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a full-time Veterans and Military Affairs Specialist to join our team of exceptional employees. This position maintains in-depth knowledge of, but is not limited to, Veterans Affairs Education benefits, Federal Tuition Assistance, and various Financial Aid programs. The role requires attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to work under pressure. Reporting directly to the Coordinator, Veterans, and Military Affairs, this position supports students in all aspects of their journey at FSW from admission to graduation.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited College or University in a related field
- Two (2) years professional full-time work experience in veterans’ affairs, financial aid or related higher education field. An appropriate combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer services skills with a variety of constituencies and be willing to contribute to a team effort.
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes vacation, sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Application Deadline: Open until filled with interviews expected to start on Feb. 24, 2023.
Submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
Florida SouthWestern State College, an equal access institution, prohibits discrimination in its employment, programs and activities based on race, sex, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or veteran status. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal access or equal opportunity should be addressed to the College’s Title IX Coordinator/Equity Officer: Angie Snyder; Room A-106A; 8099 College Parkway SW, Fort Myers, FL 33919; (239) 489-9051; email@example.com. FSW online anonymous reporting www.fsw.edu/report. Inquiries/complaints can be filed with the Title IX Coordinator/Equity Officer online, in person, via mail, via email, or with the US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights, Atlanta Office: 61 Forsyth St. SW Suite 19T70, Atlanta, GA 30303-8927.