Professor, Digital Arts
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Professor, Digital Arts in the School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences to join our team of exceptional faculty. As an FSW faculty member, you have the opportunity to directly impact the college mission to inspire our students to 'Dedicate to Graduate'. This is a grant funded position.
FSW is an open-enrollment institution with a diverse student body, four campuses in the Gulf Coast area, and home of Bob Rauschenberg Gallery www.RauschenbergGallery.com we are seeking dynamic candidates committed to teaching and mentoring to fostering creative exploration, conceptual thinking and interdisciplinary collaboration. Candidates must be comfortable working with students from varying economic, ethnic, linguistic, religious and academic backgrounds.
The Department of Fine and Performing Arts invites applications for the full-time position of Professor of Digital Art. Ideal candidates will be able to teach commercial applications with a creative and experimental perspective, while being fully engaged in the aesthetic, technical, and theoretical concerns and challenges informing contemporary digital and visual culture. Preference will be given to candidates able to teach in fields such as game design, animation, graphic design or time based media. The position commences August of 2019.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Doctoral or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the teaching discipline or a master’s degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in the teaching discipline)
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in creating and delivering course content
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the subject area to be taught and currency in the discipline
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Please include a link to a selection of artworks (max 20 image/video files) as well as a link to samples of student work (max 20 image/video files) as part of your cover letter, CV , Artist Statement, Teaching Philosophy, and sample syllabi. If you're unable to upload these documents while applying email them to Robert.Taylor@fsw.edu.
Accepting applications through January 31, 2019
Interviews will begin early March, 2019.
Our location offers you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise on a regular basis. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.