Temp. - Short-Term Employment
Event Services Staff
The primary responsibility of Event Services Staff is to execute events and to provide guests with a positive impression of FSW’s Suncoast Credit Union Arena by offering a superior guest service experience. Expect this position to work cohesively with all employees of the arena in order to maintain a superior level of service. Event Services Staff will work in one or more of the following areas: Event Services Lead, Event Set Up/Break Down, Ticket Taker, Usher, Guest Services, Parking, Greeting Staff and Concession Stand Attendant.
Position includes communication with event clients, co-workers, teams, coaches, spectators, officials and public patrons in a professional and courteous manner. The Event Services Staff may be asked to perform a variety of tasks to assist with the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Suncoast Credit Union Arena.
Assists in the set-up and breakdown of event equipment and resources prior to, during and after events. Checks/evaluates arena seats to see if there are any problems, such as missing or loose armrests, seat backs, gum on the seats, areas that need spot cleaning, etc.
Assists FSW’s Public Safety staff in parking ingress and egress. Assists V.I.P pass holders and ADA guests identify designated parking spaces. Greets customers as they arrive at the facility, assists patrons by advising them of the bag check policy before they get into an entrance cue and directing patrons, as appropriate.
Scans tickets, and allows only authorized guests and staff entry. Assists with distribution of promotional giveaways to patrons upon entry to the arena.
Provides general information and assistance to guests and enforces the policies and procedures for the arena. Directs patrons to the correct areas for seat locations and special needs (elevators, restrooms, box office, Suites, Hospitality Room, outside receptions, athletic offices, guest services, etc.). Assists with the operations of the concession stands as needed.
Documents any incidents and/or injuries. May assist Public Safety in emergencies at the event.
Provides friendly and courteous customer service, assisting guests with disabilities, surveying immediate work area prior to guests entry for any hazards that may exist, enforcing policies and procedures for the venue, keeping the aisles and rows clear of standing or seated guests, and knowing evacuation routes in case of an emergency.
Executes all opening and closing procedures.
Maintains a safe and controlled environment; identifies hazardous conditions, and eliminates or minimizes them.
Must be prepared and organized.
Adheres to posted job schedule.
Wears appropriate uniform.
Enforces and adheres to all policies and procedures.
Attends all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
Acts in a professional manner at all times.
Completes additional duties as assigned by Event Services Management.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
High School diploma or GED.
Ability and willingness to work any assigned area (parking, ticket scanning, handing out event promotional items, escorting patrons to seats, etc.).
Must be able to solve on-the-job issues by utilizing effective critical thinking and decision-making skills and possess the ability to work with diverse populations.
Ability to work varying hours and weekends. Reliability and flexibility related to work schedule.
Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills required. Ability to read and communicate in English to assist patrons. Must be able to hear with or without a hearing assistance device at levels deemed normal.
Ability to stand for extended periods. Ability to walk and repeatedly climb steps for the duration of the event. Ability to negotiate between rows of bleachers seating to check tickets and handle any problems that occur.
Alert, observant attitude, pleasant personality, attention to detail, polite and courteous behavior as well as the ability to use initiative and good judgment. An ability to maintain a calm and professional attitude even in the face of problems or stressful situations.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Demonstrated experience using a personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail.
Current CPR/ First Aid/AED Certifications required or ability to obtain within first 30 days of employment.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational culture.
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the position.
- Possess a working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis techniques.
- Make presentations in front of various group sizes.
- Take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Anticipate, investigate, and analyze problems and address them proactively.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Work independently and follow through on assignments.
- Exhibit solid organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Work with a variety of constituencies and be willing to contribute to a team effort.
- Exercise discretion and good judgment at all times and in all contexts and maintain confidentiality.
- Work effectively with all constituencies of the College.
- Collect, organize, analyze and present information in a meaningful manner.
- Collaborate and be effective working with diverse populations.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires, bending, stooping, walking, standing, climbing and descending stairs, and sitting. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 50 or more pounds.
Environmental: FSW Suncoast Credit Union Arena; outdoor parking lots.
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills.
Florida SouthWestern State College is committed to providing an educational and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. All programs, activities, employment and facilities of Florida SouthWestern State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or veteran's status. The College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution.