Cortland Biomedical custom builds high-performance biomedical textile structures. The company applies over 40 years of experience in textile engineering and advanced fabric design methods to braid, knit and woven products that meet the demands of a diverse set of customers in the biomedical product space. The company also offers a full range of design, development and manufacturing services as well as a wide variety of biomedical materials. Never comfortable with the status quo, complex biomedical textile challenges are tackled with agility, credibility and curiosity.
Cortland Biomedical is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Cortland Biomedical, visit the Company's website at https://www.cortlandbiomedical.com/
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/
Summary – basic function of the role
Reporting to the Cortland Business Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the comprehensive accounting functions of the Cortland Biomedical business including manufacturing assets and SG&A expenses. Duties include accounting, reporting, analyzing, and communicating financial activity and results to cross functional groups and Corporate. Works directly with business partners, providing insights and recommendations to help drive business results and solve business improvement opportunities impacting both the income statement and the balance sheet throughout Cortland Biomedical.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for cost accounting for the Cortland Biomedical business, including partnering with Operations to validate and maintain accurate costs on products in Production and establishing costs on Development products to ensure adequate margins and commercial pricing.
- Preparation and execution of month-end closing as well as weekly/monthly expense and variance analysis and reporting packages for business partners and leadership team.
- Review, develop and establish labor and overhead rates for costing, develop material costs and prepare and perform annual cost roll with Operations team.
- Analysis of production/manufacturing costs, utilization, efficiency, and inventory valuation with a focus on variance to standards, evaluation of drivers and recommending improvements or changes.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Assist with annual physical inventory and assist in development and implementation of cycle count program within ETG Corporate guidelines and policies to eliminate annual physical inventory requirements.
- Organize, analyze and report out monthly outlook, quarterly forecasting and annual budgets.
- Prepare and maintain detailed desk procedures for respective areas of responsibility.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Test and validate effectiveness of internal control in areas of responsibility.
- Facilitate internal and external audit needs and requests.
- Research and application of technical US GAAP requirements.
- Manage multiple deadlines and respond quickly to ad hoc requests, including analysis as requested by finance and business leadership.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits strong overall communication skills, including excellent written and oral communications skills, sound interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Thrives is a dynamic, team-oriented environment with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and capable driving results cross-functionally across the business.
- Desire to take accountability for results by acting with integrity and possessing a strong drive for results and execution.
- Solid project management and organizational skills, effectively managing competing priorities and deadlines within a fast-paced, challenging, and flexible hybrid work environment.
- Strongly proficient using electronic spreadsheet, database, word-processing, and graphical presentation software, preferably Microsoft Office applications and specifically Power BI. Crystal Report experience is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with specialization in Accounting or Finance is required.
- MBA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA) is a plus.
- Minimum 5 plus years of progressive finance experience, preferably in a manufacturing or corporate setting.
- Experience with cost accounting principles, budget/forecast preparation, monthly review/variance analytics and month-end financial statement preparation is required.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and financial consolidation tools (preference towards Hyperion/HFM). Record of performance working in both financial and operational business areas.
- Communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Hybrid work model of 3 days in the office.
- On-site fitness center with access to wellness coach and live fitness classes.
- Engagement with Employee Resource Groups which can provide leadership and networking opportunities.
- Community Outreach programs embedded in the Company’s culture.
- Competitive benefits including paid parental leave, immediate 401(k) vest in company contribution, 3 health insurance options, company HSA contribution, and others.
Employee will have to be able to walk/climb to a variety of primary work locations. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer and telephone for long periods of time. Travel of 15 - 20% is required. If filled in Menomonee Falls, travel required to the Cortland Biomedical manufacturing facility in upper New York to establish and maintain a financial presence. If the position is filled in Cortland, travel will be required to both Enerpac’s headquarters in Menomonee Falls as well as Cortland’s industrial facility in Texas.
Primary work environment is temperature-controlled office setting, but may also include typical warehouse environment on occasion, where following appropriate safety protocols at the location would be required. Employee will be exposed to low levels of noise in an office.
We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We will ensure your application is fairly considered and if hired, you will have an equitable opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. Enerpac Tool Group will provide reasonable accommodations within the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team for additional information.