3rd Shift - Biomedical Operator
Cortland Biomedical custom builds high-performance biomedical textile structures. The company applies over 40 years of experience in textile engineering and advanced fabric design methods to braid, knit and woven products that meet the demands of a diverse set of customers in the biomedical product space. The company also offers a full range of design, development and manufacturing services as well as a wide variety of biomedical materials. Never comfortable with the status quo, complex biomedical textile challenges are tackled with agility, credibility and curiosity.
Cortland Biomedical is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Cortland Biomedical, visit the Company's website at https://www.cortlandbiomedical.com/
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
$500 sign on bonus
Summary – basic function of the role
Under direct supervision, performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in a safe manner in all activities performed and promote the Safety Program in all processes and procedures
- Ensures all quality standards and requirements are met in operation of manufacturing equipment, inspection and packaging tasks
- Adhere strictly to all applicable procedures, work instructions and forms while performing any and all tasks
- Complete all tasks efficiently and correctly as assigned by supervisory and planning personnel
- Clean, set up, monitor and maintain production equipment and ensure all materials are readily available
- Follow instructions and manages multiple tasks to meet production deadlines and customer satisfaction
- Report any deficiencies in material, product, or process immediately per current procedures
- Support other manufacturing areas, shifts, and overtime hours as needed to support customer delivery expectations
- Complete all inventory and packaging entries as required ensuring that the information is correct and accurate
- Conduct 5S, operator maintenance and housekeeping activities as assigned
- Understand and apply the Quality Policy, quality documentation, and company objectives to all tasks assigned
- Act in a courteous and professional manner at all times, within a team environment, ensuring sustainment of Cortland Company’s reputation as a world class supplier
- Promote and participate in LEAD (Lean Enterprise Across Disciplines) transformation through application of lean principles to rapidly improve manufacturing and key LEAD metrics
Skills and Competencies -identify the ALE competencies that are most critical for success in the role
- Ability to use small hand tools and precision measurement devices
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and ability to critically assess and work through equipment and manufacturing issues
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills including detailed documentation as is required for ISO13485 medical standard for medical devices
- Ability to identify potential issues and proactively recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with other functions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight timelines
Education and Experience
- Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience Requirements: Manufacturing, assembly, maintenance or production experience preferred.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 50 pounds in weight. Must be able to reach\lift above head level. Stand for long periods of time.
Primary work environment is a controlled manufacturing space with specific gowning and PPE requirements. Employee will be exposed to heavy levels of noise in some areas and require hearing protection.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key External Contacts/Clients
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the job described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.