Cortland is a global designer, manufacturer, and supplier of technologically advanced ropes, slings, and strength members. Collaborating with customers, our team uses its experience in high performance materials and market knowledge to transform ideas into proven products. For more than 35 years, our custom-built solutions have been developed for work in the toughest environments and to overcome some of the world’s greatest challenges. They consistently enable our customers to meet the demands of the aerospace, defense, medical, research, subsea, marine, and energy industries.
Cortland is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
The Operations Manager primary focus is on all day-to-day operations for our Anacortes, WA facility. Including, but not limited to packaging and warehouse operations, planning, manufacturing and maintenance – this position requires utilization of modern manufacturing processes to drive continuous improvement, world-class standards and best in class products.
- Manage production line operations, including safety, plant quality, customer experience, employee and asset safety, operation efficiencies, plant security, plant environmental, cost savings, budgets, continuous improvement, and drive initiatives and innovation that generate new opportunities. As well as coaching and mentoring management team by utilizing lean manufacturing practices.
- Be a leader for our Plant Team and cross functionally throughout the company.
- Mandate adherence to all safety guidelines and work to provide a safe work environment for all employees.
- Champion continuous improvement across all operational disciplines.
- Utilize LEAN, statistical and data-visualization tools.
- Manage daily and long-term production activities to meet or exceed budgeted quality, yield and operating cost targets by managing equipment efficiency and productivity.
- Manage employees operating all machinery and systems for all shifts, ensuring sound practice in all plant disciplines.
- Manage the physical facility, production equipment and all associated maintenance in accordance with best practices, statutory regulations and all Company policies and procedures
- Controls and coordinates all production operations over all shifts. Has authority to shut down operations if non-standard or unsafe conditions develop.
- Determines appropriate actions with respect to changing situations resulting from manpower or material changes and formulates appropriate action plans.
- Develop and mentor professional growth & advancement of department staff
- Create an empowered culture to ensure that organization and its people understand the goals and objectives of the business and that they have the resources and leadership support to accomplish them. Provide an environment which ensures and provides for open and healthy communications.
- Coordinates the work of several departments to ensure prompt reaction by all concerned to such things as changing factory schedule, material performance, production delays, mechanical problems, customer needs and quality issues.
- Teams with Engineering to develop improved processes and/or materials.
- Works closely with other business unit leaders to develop all cost control and productivity objectives - maintaining necessary controls to insure that stated objective are met.
Direct Reports :
Direct Laborers: 35-45
Required Capabilities (describe scope of knowledge and ability of the position):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations management, or equivalent. Applicable work experience will offset formal education requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervising or leading a team
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and motivate others
- Ability to identify potential issues and proactively recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to make autonomous decisions based on thorough understanding business objectives
- Ability to work collaboratively with other functions
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities under tight timelines
- Experience managing budgets and working within specified departmental/company processes
Preferred Capabilities (describe scope of knowledge and ability of the position):
- Understanding of production planning and master scheduling
- Prior project based engineer-to-order manufacturing environment versus assembly
Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) Behaviors:
- To always ensure that their acts or omissions do not present a danger to themselves, anyone else, the Environment or the safe operation of any plant or equipment.
- To intervene and report any defect in equipment or practice or any dangerous circumstance or event which could affect HSEQ performance.
- To comply with all HSEQ requirements imposed by clients on their sites.
- To drive improvements to HSEQ systems.
- To lead and participate fully in Continuous Improvement (LEAD) activities where necessary & when required
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Drive For Results
- Business Acumen
- Technical Learning
- Innovation Management
- Customer Focus