Field Service Technician
Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
Our vision is to be our customer’s preferred partner through relentless innovation of industrial tools and services that help them safely and reliably tackle their toughest jobs around the world.
Our corporate office is located across from a beautiful park, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Position Title: Field Service Technician
Shift: Varies based on assigned projects
Summary – basic function of the role
The primary function of this position is to perform field machining services at customer sites.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing on-site Field Machining services and operating Machines such as but not limited to:
- Hydraulically powered clamshell to pipe cut and bevel
- End prep
- Flange facer
- Portable mill
- Portable drill
- Adheres to safe and specified standards, completing all required documentation
- Job preparation and mobilization / demobilization including equipment lists and preparation, procedures
- Set up and adheres to all Hydratight and site related procedures and polices including work permits and proper use of PPE and other equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a sense of on-site ingenuity to rectify problems with equipment and/or difficult situations
- Maintains company quality, safety and environmental standards and policies
- Interface with client in a professional manner representing Hydratight to the highest standard at all times
- Communicates job progression on a daily basis back to the main office
- Accurate and timely completion and submission of all job related documentation including QA-QC documents
- Complies with specific task requirements including ability to identify potential hazards through the use of risk assessment.
Skills and Competencies
- Computer skills include knowledge of Microsoft Windows software suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and company business ERP system.
- Read and interpret documents such as blueprints, isometric drawings, operating procedural manuals, maintenance instructions, and safety rules and MSDS.
- Ability to scope, troubleshoot and execute project to required specifications with support from service center.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers, or employees of organization.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry also including the use of decimals and fractions.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
High School Diploma, general education degree (GED), and/or military experience.
Experience with field machining equipment with no hands on supervision.
Process Basic Plus and/or OSHA 10
Active Nuclear clearance is preferred
TWIC card preferred; eligibility to obtain a TWIC card is required
Employee may have to lift equipment and/or move equipment up to 50 pounds in weight. Employee will be required to walk, stand, push, pull, and reached below shoulder level for long periods of time. Will have repetitive actions of sitting, bending of neck and waist, squatting, climbing kneeling, twisting of neck and waist, grasping, and reaching. Employee must be able to work from elevated platforms. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employee’s work is typically performed in refineries, chemical plants, pipeline, and offshore in a variety of weather conditions and may be subject to loud noise, various temperatures, and workplace hazards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. PPE is required during work hours including safety glasses, gloves, and steel toe boots.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Never Compromise – choose ETG!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer
Gaffney, SC is the assigned facility. Travel will be required to assigned work locations.
Enerpac Tool Group/Enerpac/Hydratight/Cortland is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.