Application Support Engineer
Responsible for providing engineering and technical support, working closely with local sales, global engineering, and product marketing. This position will provide support in product specification, product deployment and after service activity by applying expert technical knowledge in interactions with end-users, field sales, engineering teams and channel partners.
- Support Territory managers and sales specialists to provide technical input, working closely with regional product management and channel partners
- Provide advice on product selection supports to sales team, customers and channel partners on standard products
- Provide advice on product selection supports to sales team, customers and channel partners for products including specialty products (Mirage) and conventional HTL products.
- Provide support on product demonstration and product training (incl. safety training)
- Update Enerpac Korea blog and provide input into catalogues in local language translating from English language materials
- Organize technical information, product updates working with global engineering and marketing team
- Provide support in processing warranty claim and make necessary recommendations to management
- Provide technical support and information to Enerpac service centre on product repair and parts sheet
- Trouble-shoot problems relating to products and systems
- Review the translation for technical and marketing documents such as instructions, RPS, flyers, and brochures
- Manage the tasks related with the customized products, working with global engineering team
- Provide support in updating all warranty claim data into Qualityze system; liaise with engineering team globally to develop and compile associated documentation in line with changing business and quality requirements
- Prepare technical drawings, certifications and documentations where necessary for customers and/or distributors
- Liaise with global engineering and APAC / global product management to ensure up to date product specifications and changes
- Liaise with technical departments globally to develop and compile new engineering procedures and associated documentation in line with changing business and quality requirements
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures including quality, safety, environmental and HR
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving with attention to detail
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to assemble and test system components
- Strong communication skills to be able to clearly explain system details to distributors, end users, field sales and engineering staff via telephone, Teams and face-to-face interactions
- Fluent in English language
- Knowledge of hydraulic fluid power components and hydraulic system design is favourable.
- Ability to use 2D/3D CAD software such as AutoCAD, ProE, Inventor
- Ability to read mechanical, structural, and electrical diagrams
- Basic knowledge of electrical controls, such as PLC and PC based control systems is a plus
- Highly IT literate and proficient with MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CAD Drawing packages (e.g AutoCAD, Creo or the like)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- Capable of developing procedures and method statements and producing concise and objectives reports and data sheets.
- Willing to travel and if necessary work on customer sites
- Hold a valid driving license
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Degree or extensive work experience with minimum 5 years working experience in related industries
- Preference, several years of relevant work experience (Industrial tools) in an environment involving technical analysis with mechanical engineering knowledge.