Director of Internal Audit
Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
Our vision is to be our customer’s preferred partner through relentless innovation of industrial tools and services that help them safely and reliably tackle their toughest jobs around the world.
Our corporate office is located across from a beautiful park, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Position Title: Internal Audit Director
The Internal Audit Leader for Enerpac Tool Group Corporation in Menomonee Falls, WI is a highly visible finance role that provides excellent exposure to all areas of the business, as well as senior management. This role will oversee a global internal audit function, be responsible for planning & executing audits (financial and operational), review internal controls and make recommendations to management. The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge of audit methodology and experience working in a large, dynamic and global manufacturing organization. The Internal Audit Leader must be able to manage multiple assignments, have highly effective written and oral communication skills and partner with management to put into place best practices & process improvements. In addition to leading annual risk assessments and the audit planning process, the Internal Audit Leader also oversees the execution of financial, operational and internal control audits. The ability and willingness to travel to business unit locations (both domestic and international) is also essential to success. The Internal Audit Leader will report to the Chairman of ETG Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and administratively to the Company’s Chief Financial Officer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide objective and professional evaluation of global internal control environment and assist management in evaluating internal control effectiveness.
- Create the annual internal audit plan, and review it with senior management, external auditors and Audit Committee
- Manage multiple aspects of internal audit engagements including audit planning, project management, risk assessments, development of audit programs and procedures, supervising staff, reviewing work product and preparing deliverables.
- Evaluate internal control adequacy and effectiveness. Escalate internal control findings to management for development of appropriate action plans and evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting (Sarbanes Oxley compliance).
- Perform financial statement audits (balance sheet reviews of all subsidiaries on a rotational basis to ensure compliance with company finance policies and procedures) and various operational audits (scheduling, on-time delivery, quality reviews, process reviews, capacity assessments, etc).
- Assist external auditors with year-end substantive and internal control testing. Maintain open line of communication with external auditors.
- Manage, train, and develop new employees - while supervising an internal audit staff of three individuals.
- Oversee the organization and compilation of electronic audit workpapers for reference and storage.
- On a quarterly basis, provide results of completed audits to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Contribute to other finance initiatives such as acquisition due diligence and integration, finance standardization & simplification projects, or other assignments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting from a four year college or university.
- CPA/CIA (preference) with minimum of 10 years of experience in audit or finance positions with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of internal control concepts and U.S. GAAP.
- Experience in a global manufacturing company environment. Experience with inventory valuation, standard costing, absorption, production variances, operational KBIs, and manufacturing/operations.
- Public and/or internal audit experience.
- Strong initiative and drive for completion of projects and assignments.
- Solid and well developed project management skill set with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to develop sound audit conclusions and concise recommendations for process improvements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with people in various disciplines, cultures and with varying levels of responsibility.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or manipulate objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision typical of working on a computer.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Internal Audit Manager, Internal Auditor(s)
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, ETG offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer