What is the opportunity?
At Enerpac we believe it takes advanced technical expertise and ingenuity to develop the industry’s most trusted solutions. Our relentless pursuit to deliver the highest standard of excellence means never compromising. One of Enerpac’s core values is to continually innovate. We do this by solving user problems, improving productivity, and making the job safer. We innovate by developing solutions focused on our users’ needs through discovery, collaboration, and teamwork. Our team members have a relentless drive to create truly innovative products that continue to position Enerpac Tool Group as a market leader.
We are looking for Electronics and Control Engineers that desire to play a leading role in developing the next generation of heavy industrial tools and solutions. Electronics, automation, and connected products are the future of Enerpac Tool Group’s product strategy, and our electronics team is growing as our intelligent products continue to evolve. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated electrical engineer to become an integral NPD team member and drive innovative products from concept to launch. You would work with all aspects of the global engineering team and participate in the development of the products as well as see our products, and solutions, in operation in the field.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for activities and functions related to electronic and embedded systems design to ensure they meet VOC/VOB/Development specifications.
- Working with colleagues using modern embedded systems engineering processes, controls, and tools to create high-quality, robust, and reliable electronic hardware and firmware.
- Responsible for ensuring that all electronic hardware and firmware are developed adhering to the engineering controls.
- Participate in Design Reviews, DFMEA, SFMEA of controls, Risk Analysis, DVP&R.
- Perform validation testing in the development lab.
- Assist in Advanced Engineering Technology development for future NPD projects.
- Collaborate with global teams on creative problem solving to gain insights from subject matter experts
- Travel globally as needed
What skills and competencies do you need? (one of the two)
- Electronic hardware design for industrial embedded applications
- Digital and analog schematic design, PCB layout (we use Altium for electronics design)
- Circuit simulation
- Industrial regulatory compliance including EMC for industrial and domestic applications
- PCB design for manufacture
- Component selection
- Wired and wireless communications BLE, CANbus
- Firmware development for industrial embedded applications
- Developing firmware to IEC 61508 functional safety standards
- Firmware architecture creation
- Writing detailed functional specifications
- Test plan creation
- Test-driven development
- Embedded C programming expertise for ARM-based microcontrollers is essential
- Matlab / Simulink, Auto code generation and Processor-in-the-Loop experience would be a significant advantage. DevOps tools for version management, issue tracking, project lifecycle.
Skills that will make you stand out:
- Experience with designing or integrating connected systems (IoT)
- Strong collaboration skills
- PLC experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field or equivalent related engineering experience. 5+ years of related experience.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to walk/climb to a variety of primary work locations, including traveling by air/auto and potentially remote sites. Position may require travel up to 25% of time depending on assigned projects. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer for extended periods of time.
Primary work environment is in a temperature-controlled office setting but may also be visiting different manufacturing facilities where following appropriate safety protocols at the location would be required.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Never Compromise – choose ETG!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer
Menomonee Falls, WI