What is the opportunity?
At Enerpac we believe it takes advanced technical expertise and ingenuity to develop the industry’s most trusted solutions. Our relentless pursuit to deliver the highest standard of excellence means never compromising. One of Enerpac’s core values is to continually innovate. We do this by solving user problems, improving productivity, and making the job safer. We are evolving our teams’ capabilities to enhance ergonomics in our tools, establish consistent visual brand language, and improve manufacturability of our product designs. You will be working with multidisciplinary teams in Design and Engineering to help guide the future of Enerpac product. In this role you will bring in enhanced creativity, elevate the team with your energy, and be a part of the evolution of our 100+ year old tool company.
What you will be doing?
- Creates parametric models to be used in both concept development and production, with an understanding that models will evolve throughout the course of development.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Industrial Design teams to deliver forms that are both manufacturable and representative of Enerpac’s prescribed design language
- Heavily involved in the evolution of Enerpac product, playing a major part in the development of new product
- Supports engineering teams in the creation of BOM’s, component DFMEA, specification documents, and production drawings.
What skills and competencies do you need?
- Demonstrated 3D design skills with parametric modeling software (PTC Creo preferred)
- Knowledge of surfacing design to support ergonomics and visual consistency
- Firm understanding of manufacturing processes and how that drives CAD decisions
- Experience with mass produced parts particularly with injection molding
- Understanding the difference in design constraints from rapid prototypes to production
- Experience managing large part assemblies and interactions
- Ability to translate 2D design sketches into surface models and retain Industrial design intent
- Create quick iterations of design to support research efforts
- Supports multiple projects concurrently.
Skills that will make you stand out:
- Previous product development experience in engineering or design
- Leverage 3D rending software to show quick visualizations or animations
- Experience leveraging additive technologies to validate part designs
- Passion to create and build something from nothing
- Highly competent problem solver
- Strong creativity, bringing a high level of thoughtfulness to your work
- Self-directed and able to transcend ambiguity
- Emotionally connected to your work and feel like job is meaningful
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Detail driven
- Authentic, honest, and candid
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Design with related experience in CAD development
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role, developing production quality CAD and supporting documentation
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to walk/climb to a variety of primary work locations, including traveling by air/auto and potentially remote sites. Position may require travel up to 25% of time depending on assigned projects. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer for extended periods of time.
Primary work environment is in a temperature-controlled office setting but may also be visiting different manufacturing facilities where following appropriate safety protocols at the location would be required.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the job described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Enerpac Tool Group/Enerpac/Hydratight/Cortland is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.