Continuous Improvement Manager
Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
Our vision is to be our customer’s preferred partner through relentless innovation of industrial tools and services that help them safely and reliably tackle their toughest jobs around the world.
Our corporate office is located across from a beautiful park, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Position Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
Shift: Monday – Friday; Days; onsite, hours vary.
Summary – basic function of the role
This role is responsible for managing the project responsibilities of the Continuous Improvement Department and driving continuous improvement within the Columbus, WI facility. The role supports and executes company objectives toward continuous improvement (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost). The role will be required to establish relationships within Enerpac to help drive results through continuous improvement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, drive, and support career development of direct reports. Prioritize and direct day-to-day activities and projects for Manufacturing Engineering department.
- Utilize metrics, lean manufacturing tools and facilitate kaizen events in a manufacturing and office environment to drive improvements on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Responsible for the on-going strategy and direction of LEAD to continually add value to our customers and aggressively drive Lean principles and processes in the Columbus site.
- Actively seek cost saving and productivity improvement opportunities within the department, as well as the Columbus site as a whole.
- Responsible for the development of cost-effective equipment and processes that assure the production of products in accordance with quality, cost, volume, and throughput objectives.
- Support the optimization of the production floor layout and design
- Assists in improving and maintaining ISO manufacturing documentation and systems.
- Provide training and coaching on Lean tools and principles
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively function in a supportive/consultative role. Must be able to show success by influencing others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Solid analytical and reasoning skills.
- Strong understanding and application of Lean tools (error proofing, flow, 5S, takt time, Kanban, standard work, etc.)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel. MS Project preferred
- Communicate (orally and through written communications) with staff on all levels of the organization (direct labor to executives)
- Hydraulic experience desired
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement.
- Possess an organized thought process with high attention to detail.
- Maintain a strong mechanical aptitude, curiosity and confidence to make decisions.
- Understand the “sense of urgency” regarding improvement activities.
- Demonstrated project execution and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong troubleshooting and innovative problem solving.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, master’s degree preferred.
Over 7-10 years in Engineering, Operations or Quality/ Operational Excellence experience is desired.
3-5 years management experience, including oversight of direct reports or junior staff members is preferred.
Machining and assembly/test operations, tooling evaluation, supplier qualification, facilities engineering, new product introduction processes and cost savings through improved processes/efficiencies are strongly preferred.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to walk to a variety of primary work locations, including traveling by air/auto to remote sites. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer and telephone for long periods of time.
Employee will work in a temperature-controlled office setting. Employee will also be out in a manufacturing environment. Employee may work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to vibration. Employee will be exposed to various levels of noise based on location.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to 1 IE, 1 CI Coordinator, 2 coops, and 1 eng. clerk.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Never Compromise – choose ETG!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer