Here at Enerpac, we’re on a journey. We’re building a culture that celebrates the diverse makeup of our business. A culture where inclusiveness is more than just an initiative. Somewhere we all feel accepted, valued, and equal.
Your unique perspectives, experiences and backgrounds hold the key to unlocking solutions that drive our business forward. Enabling us to continue to develop innovative new products that work under the most challenging conditions anywhere in the world.
To unleash the power of diversity within our business we will continuously seek out new ways to empower teams to reach their full potential. Removing barriers to inclusion and championing a better workplace for us all.
Responsible for collating all payroll data for two separate business units employing approximately 260 employees within the UK, for onward processing by the payroll bureau.
The monthly payrolls comprise of a considerable amount of data including weekly timesheets and clock cards, overtime statistics, deductions that are associated with either hourly paid workers or monthly paid staff
Supporting the finance function in their payroll/ headcount reporting for the UK businesses, ensuring that key internal / SOX process controls, as required by both internal and external audit, are maintained
- Strong working experience of operating complex company payrolls.
- Operating with strict deadlines for processing payroll, both internally and through the payroll bureau
- Validate source documentation and resolve queries, as appropriate, prior to submission to the payroll bureau.
- Responsible for accurately processing monthly salary, overtime, holiday pay, statutory payments and bonuses as applicable.
- Legislative knowledge of statutory payments including SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP.
- Collate and process timesheets for the 2 sites, which includes shift/grade payments and pay increases.
- Processing employee share purchases and share awards through payroll.
- Calculating PAYE and NIC when manual adjustments are required.
- Working with HR to process starters, leavers, changes and regular reporting.
- Reconciling monthly payrolls to raise PAYE and NIC liability payments.
- Facilitate additional third-party payments, e.g. Court Orders, Charitable Donations.
- Full control of multiple pension schemes including auto enrolment, processing starters, leavers and re-enrolment process.
- Manage pension year-end routines and procedures.
- Process and submit P60 and P11d documentation within HMRC deadlines.
- Producing statistical and management information as required by HR/ Finance.
- Set up new starter holidays within Cintra IQ payroll system, reset user passwords, etc.
- Supporting HR with annual pay review and annual bonus calculations.
- New staff inductions.
- Responsible for resolving employee and external payroll queries.
- Ad hoc duties to include processing fines, managing the issue of fuel cards.
- Other tasks that maybe required by the Company Financial Controller
- Ensure all HSSEQ rules and regulations are communicated and enforced throughout the Organization. Proactively participate to safety awareness and improvement
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally. Follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures. Be an ambassador for the businesses in particular ensure that Health & Safety comes first at all times
- Must be able to work independently without supervision and experience within a sole payroll position.
- A certificate or qualification in Payroll Administration is desirable, but not essential.
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills within Microsoft Office (V Lookups, Pivot Tables within Excel).
- Cintra payroll system knowledge (preferable).
- Experience of working with a payroll bureau
- High degree of accuracy, numeracy, and attention to detail.
- Professional integrity as handling highly confidential information; compliance with GDPR
- Demonstrable payroll experience
- Experience of working closely with or for non-finance management
- Knowledge and experience of integrated ERP systems (Oracle/SAP etc) (beneficial)
- Experience of working in both product and service businesses (beneficial)