Manager – Electrical Engineering
Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
Our vision is to be our customer’s preferred partner through relentless innovation of industrial tools and services that help them safely and reliably tackle their toughest jobs around the world.
Our corporate office is located across from a beautiful park, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Position Title: Manager – Electrical Engineering
Shift: Monday – Friday; 8 – 4:30 pm or 8:30 – 5:00 pm; flexible
Summary – basic function of the role
We are looking for someone to lead the Electronics and Control Engineers in the US responsible for developing the next generation of heavy industrial tools and solutions. Electronics, automation, and connected products are the future of Enerpac Tool Group’s product strategy, and our electronics team is growing as our intelligent products continue to evolve. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated electrical engineer to become an integral leader and drive innovative products from concept to launch across Advanced Technology Development (ATD) and New Product Development (NPD). You would work with all aspects of the global engineering team and participate in the development of the products as well as see our products, and solutions, in operation in the field.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and manage a team of Electrical Engineers to support the Pumps and Tools NPD and ATD for all categories.
- Oversee activities and functions related to electronic and embedded systems design to ensure they meet VOC/VOB/Development specifications.
- Assist and oversee the design, prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting of hardware and firmware for both ATD and NPD projects.
- Collaborate with global systems team on modern embedded systems engineering processes, controls, and tools to create high-quality, robust, and reliable electronic hardware and firmware.
- Assist system team on state diagram development for product specific requirements.
- Work with test lab to ensure systems and controllers are meeting testing requirements.
- Participate in Design Reviews, DFMEA, SFMEA of controls, Risk Analysis, DVP&R.
- Work with suppliers to ensure requirements are understood.
- Communicate effectively on engineering issues. Maintain positive working relationships with cross functional team members and other stakeholders.
- Travel 10% to field and UK to collaborate with global systems engineering team.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects independently in a team environment.
- Proficient skill in organizational, written, oral and professional abilities.
- Electronic hardware design for industrial embedded applications
- Digital and analog schematic design, PCB layout (we use Altium for electronics design)
- Circuit simulation
- Industrial regulatory compliance including EMC for industrial and domestic applications
- PCB design for manufacture
- Component selection
- Wired and wireless communications BLE, CANbus
- Firmware development for industrial embedded applications
- Developing firmware to IEC 61508 functional safety standards
- Firmware architecture creation
- Writing detailed functional specifications
- Test plan creation
- Test-driven development
- Embedded C programming expertise for ARM-based microcontrollers is essential
- Matlab / Simulink, Auto code generation and Processor-in-the-Loop experience would be a significant advantage. DevOps tools for version management, issue tracking, project lifecycle.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field with a Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded systems, controls engineering, power electronics, or related field.
- Management or mentorship experience
- History of creativity and innovation in the development of new products.
- Understanding of engineering and technology development processes.
- Effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Technical aptitude and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Track record of collaboration with cross-functional departments and teams.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to walk/climb to a variety of primary work locations. Employee will need manual (hand) dexterity to assemble/repair hydraulic equipment and be able to safely and comfortably use manual and power tools. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer and telephone for long periods of time.
Employee will work in a temperature-controlled office setting. Employee will also be occasionally in an Engineering Lab and in a manufacturing environment. Employee may work near moving mechanical parts, may be exposed to electrical shock and vibration, and will be exposed to mineral based hydraulic oils, lubricants. Employee will be exposed to low levels of noise in the office and elevated levels of noise in the Engineering lab and on the plant floor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Basic PPE is required during work hours where access to the warehouse is needed, safety glasses, gloves, and steel toe boots.
Yes, this role supports individual contributor roles
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Never Compromise – choose ETG!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer