Associate Product Engineer
Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
Our vision is to be our customer’s preferred partner through relentless innovation of industrial tools and services that help them safely and reliably tackle their toughest jobs around the world.
Our corporate office is located across from a beautiful park, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Position Title: Product Engineer
Shift: Monday – Friday; 8 – 4:30 pm or 8:30 – 5:00 pm; flexible
Summary – basic function of the role
At Enerpac we believe it takes advanced technical expertise and ingenuity to develop the industry’s most trusted solutions. Our relentless pursuit to deliver the highest standard of excellence means never compromising. One of Enerpac’s core values is to continually innovate. We do this by solving user problems, improving productivity, and making the job safer. We innovate by developing solutions focused on our users’ needs through discovery, collaboration, and teamwork. Our team members have a relentless drive to create truly innovative products that continue to position Enerpac Tool Group as a market leader.
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic Associate Product Engineer to deliver innovative and industry-leading new products on our Pumps & Tools engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and leading new product development projects from concept to launch. You will work directly with industrial design, product management, operations, and other cross function stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time, within cost targets, and with exceptional quality. The ideal candidate would have a passion for product development and innovative thinking, with sound technical and communication skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Product Management and Design & Innovation team on customer visits to collect voice-of-customer (VOC) and marketing requests
- Translate VOC and marketing requests into specific, measurable design requirements
- Produce prototypes at various levels of fidelity to prove out concept design feasibility
- Create and maintain robust DFMEA and DVP&R documentation
- Interact directly with suppliers to ensure designs are feasible and within cost targets
- Develop, author, and analyze test requests to verify and validate designs will meet performance and durability requirements
- Collaborate with manufacturing operations and quality to develop process controls that ensure quality product is delivered to the customer
- Effectively lead project meetings and design reviews to ensure all project milestones are met
Skills and Competencies
- Strong understanding of structures and mechanical design (preferably in the hydraulics field)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to communicate concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work cross-functionally to drive design success across multiple facets of the company
- Desire for continuous learning in technical know-how and hands-on experiences
- Ability to collaborate with our global teams and all relevant stakeholders
- Familiarity with Creo or equivalent 3D software tools and GD&T principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Skills that will make you stand out:
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and how to apply them to new product development and Innovation
- Experience in rapid prototyping methods and technologies
- Prior use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools
- Familiarity with designing or integrating connected systems (IoT)
- High energy and the ability to motivate
- Strong collaboration skills
- Electronics, mechanical, and hydraulic Engineering education
- The passion to create and build something from nothing
- Strong creativity, bringing a high level of thoughtfulness to design
- Self-directed and able to transcend ambiguity
- The enthusiasm to help foster a new way of thinking and promote collaboration
- Emotionally connected to your work and feel like job is meaningful
- Authentic, honest, and candid
- Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering
- Relevant co-op, internship, or coursework project experience is a plus.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to walk/climb to a variety of primary work locations. Employee will need manual (hand) dexterity to assemble/repair hydraulic equipment and be able to safely and comfortably use manual and power tools. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer and telephone for long periods of time.
Primary work environment is in a temperature-controlled office setting but may also be visiting different manufacturing facilities where following appropriate safety protocols at the location would be required. Employee will also be occasionally in an Engineering Lab and in a manufacturing environment. Employee may work near moving mechanical parts, may be exposed to electrical shock and vibration, and will be exposed to mineral based hydraulic oils, lubricants. Employee will be exposed to low levels of noise in the office and elevated levels of noise in the Engineering lab and on the plant floor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Basic PPE is required during work hours where access to the warehouse is needed, safety glasses, gloves, and steel toe boots.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Never Compromise – choose ETG!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer