Lead Technical Support Engineer
Lead Technical Support Engineer
Leader Job Title:
Australia, New Zealand and PNG
Responsible for providing advanced Technical Support to Customers, the resident Sales Team, Field Service Engineers, Operations and Joint Integrity Teams.
Key Responsibilities :
• Provides specialist calculations and technical information based on industry, Hydratight or Customer Standards on Mechanical Joint Integrity issues.
• Provide support for pre-engineering on all scopes of work including major projects for all service lines.
• Attend customer sites and meetings to ascertain operational and technical requirements.
• Provide customer support, including onsite, for Hydratight Bolting, Machining, Joint Integrity and Specialty Services lines platforms.
• Participates in the Hydratight Technical Network to share knowledge and improve standards in delivering long term integrity of bolted connections.
• Contributes to the ongoing development and quality testing of Hydratight Integrity Software.
• Champions the use of Hydratight’s Integrity calculation software (Informate) within the region.
• Key member of a team which will develop a system to ensure all Hydratight Joint integrity activity worldwide is captured is a Data Management System.
• Develop a training, networking and support structure for Operations including FSE’s and Sales staff in region to ensure all calculations, technical support and joint integrity procedures are consistent, to the latest best practice and provided efficiently.
• Work with Operations, Training and HSEQ teams to ensure Hydratight on site procedures and training packages are technically correct, safe and provide the latest best practice techniques.
• Liaise with technical departments globally to develop and compile new engineering procedures and associated documentation in line with changing business and quality requirements.
• Engages with Academic Institutions and Industry Partners to collaborate in Technical Projects to further Hydratight’s knowledge and industry leading position.
• Supports the Sales Team with solutions and prescribes the right equipment for the defined scope of work
• Carry out field visits and support Sales Team to secure new business.
• Provides support in a regional fault investigation and solution service to support and win new business.
• Build and delivers technical presentations.
• Ensures all internal/external customer enquiries are logged and answered/allocated to relevant personnel and tracked to resolution.
• Adheres to all Company policies and procedures including quality, safety, environmental and HR.
• Logical and analytical approach to problem solving with attention to detail. .
• Highly IT literate and proficient with MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CAD Drawing packages (e.g AutoCAD, Creo or the like).
• Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, influencing and organizational skills.
• Capable of developing procedures and method statements and producing concise and objectives reports and data sheets.
• Comfortable with and capable of training others in the use of technical calculation methods and use of software.
• Familiarity with Hydratight products and services is beneficial.
• Willing to travel and if necessary work on customer sites for extended periods.
• High intercultural awareness to work in international project teams.
• Hold a valid driving license.
• Fluent language skills in English
• High sense of responsibility, flexibility and an ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Education and Experience:
• Recognized Mechanical Engineering qualification (Degree preferred) or working towards a professional qualification.
• Preference, 5—7 years of relevant work experience (bolting, fitter in petrochemical and/or offshore industry) in an environment involving technical analysis with mechanical engineering knowledge including mechanical connections
• Proven experience in building and developing strong relationships with key customers and effective professional network
• Experience in providing bolting and machining services across O&G and Petrochemical industries
• Ensure all HSEQ rules and regulations are communicated and enforced throughout the Organization. Proactively participate in building safety awareness and continuous improvement.
• Diligent and aware of their impact on making the work environment a better and safer place to work.
Leadership/Behaviors: Be an ambassador for the businesses and ensure that Enerpac Tool Group Core Values come first at all times:
• We put safety and integrity first
• We focus on our customers
• We work collaboratively
• We deliver on our commitments
• We innovate and problem solve
• We support our employees and communities
Enerpac Tool Group expects all employees to perform their employment responsibilities to the highest standards and quality at all times. The above description statements describe the principle functions of the occupation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in the occupation.