Global Project Manager
Here at Enerpac, we’re on a journey. We’re building a culture that celebrates the diverse makeup of our business. A culture where inclusiveness is more than just an initiative. Somewhere we all feel accepted, valued, and equal.
Your unique perspectives, experiences and backgrounds hold the key to unlocking solutions that drive our business forward. Enabling us to continue to develop innovative new products that work under the most challenging conditions anywhere in the world.
To unleash the power of diversity within our business we will continuously seek out new ways to empower teams to reach their full potential. Removing barriers to inclusion and championing a better workplace for us all.
Highly motivated, energetic innovation leader that collaborates with a diverse, global, group of engineers, product managers and designers to help identify customer unmet needs, and assure innovative solutions are based on enterprise-wide design principles. The Global Project Manager uses a variety of frameworks and processes to encourage creative, forward-thinking, value-added solutions for the organization.
In this role, the Global Project Manager will be chartered to deliver various new product development projects on-time and within agreed upon budgets. Coordinating activities across a global organization within a cross functional team.
- Manage and coordinate all activities within a project environment, delivering new product development projects for the Bolting Center of Expertise (CoE).
- Develop and execute effective communications promoting team involvement, decision making and ensuring critical employee relationships are positively maintained.
- Assess project risks relating to timeline, engineering feasibility, and cost targets and implement sound practices to reduce / eliminate those risks through multiple concept exploration and pre-planning processes.
- Monitor project expense and capital purchases, forecast future expenditures, and manage within agreed upon project funding limits.
- Drive success by coaching and mentoring internal stakeholders, by supporting and leading key initiatives and driving teams to user-centered outcomes.
- Manage to an established global new product development process to ensure projects are based on user-centered needs and opportunities.
- Lead and deploy continuous improvements directed toward process excellence and lean execution.
- Develop stakeholder relationships and build networks to achieve short- and long-term goals.
- Travel globally as needed.
- Ensure all HSSEQ rules and regulations are communicated and enforced throughout the Organization. Proactively participate to safety awareness and improvement
- Always represent the Company in a professional manner, both internally and externally. Follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures. Be an ambassador for the businesses in particular ensure that Health & Safety comes first at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Demonstrable experience combined Project Management or Program Management, Engineering Leadership, and Marketing or Product Management experience, with hands-on experience. A combination of strong engineering, financial, and business acumen.
- PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent is required.
- Familiarity with hydraulic torque and tension tools or technology is desired.
- Front End Innovation (FEI) experience, actively participating on a front-end development to determine customer unmet needs. Ability to document requirements in a clear and structured manner.
- Experience in a cross-functional environment, driving design success across multiple facets of the company.
- Demonstration of a keen understanding of the NPD process and how decisions in the front end directly affect product outcomes.
- Ability to sell across the organization, developing compelling value propositions and evangelizing them effectively.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization globally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Office suite.
- Pro-active in undergoing continuous learning in technical know-how and hands-on.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to communicate concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences including executive management.
- Competencies: Design thinking, strategic thinking, apply quantitative data, encourage innovation, readily adapt, encourage commitment, motivate, and energize, help foster a new way of thinking and promote collaboration