Provide technical assistance to the New Product Development team to determine performance and validation of new products and processes.
- Participate in the New Product Development process by assisting engineers with technical activities.
- Work independently according to required assignments established by Engineering Management.
- Build prototypes from engineering documentation and perform trial runs of new products at the direction of Engineering.
- Assist in the installation and qualification of new equipment.
- Set up and troubleshoot manufacturing and laboratory equipment.
- Perform experiments and mechanical testing as required in the laboratory.
- Maintain written records of results of work in professional report format (records of trial runs and results, test results, photos, equipment qualification records).
Required Capabilities (describe scope of knowledge and ability of the position):
- Associate Degree in Technology or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of technical hands-on experience
- General mechanical aptitude and ability to perform electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of equipment.
- Familiarity of methods of computer data-acquisition/programming and PLC control a plus.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical schematics.
- Experience using computers and software packages including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, etc.
- Effective communication skills and comfortable interacting with team members at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- To be a leader of safety and quality best practices
- To always ensure that their acts or omissions do not present a danger to themselves, anyone else, the environment or the safe operation of any plant or equipment
- To intervene and report any defect in equipment or practice or any dangerous circumstance or event which could affect HSQE performance
- To comply with all HSQE customer and company requirements
- Be able to lift documents/work materials up to 30 lbs in weight
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement
- Engage and Inspire
- Effective Communication
- Relationship Building
- Decision Making