Maintain and develop product design, methods, techniques, practices and manufacturing procedures to deliver solutions which meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Successfully interacts with customers, industry groups and internal personnel to identify needs and works to develop solutions.
- Formulates design concepts and creates drawings, prototypes and manufacturing procedures based on sound engineering practices and input from customer and/or sales personnel.
- Develops and coordinates projects, plans, and products from conception, design, development and evaluation which meet established goals and deadlines
- Provides engineering support, such as product design, problem solving, product technical support and participates in sales calls, to sales team
- Works with Manufacturing and Process Engineering to assure the most efficient methods of manufacture and assembly are developed to meet appropriate specifications.
- Expands expertise in state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing methods and innovations in materials through technical journals, seminars, advance degree programs, etc.
- Finalizes all engineering documentation required for product release. Assists in establishing and/or upgrading internal engineering standards and practices.
- Stays current in the status of competitive products that may affect the company’s competitive position, evaluates these products, and provides analysis as necessary.
- Creates, audits, and reviews test standards and specifications for the analysis of design concepts and component assemblies.
- Assist in developing product and project cost estimates.
- Assists and/or directly participates with implementation into production of new products and manufacturing of R&D samples as required.
- Up to 25% travel
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Capabilities (describe education and minimum years of experience required in addition to required and preferred capabilities):
Education, Skills & Experience
- BS Degree in Physics, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering fields from an accredited university.
- 0-3 years of engineering experience required.
- Must have demonstrated creative problem solving and effective engineering decision making skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and comfortable interacting with team members and customers at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- Self-started able to work under minimal supervision.
- Capable of generating and delivering presentations to management, peers and customers.
- Experience in Product Design, Project Management and New Product Development processes preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency of design software such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks preferred.
- Rope or textile manufacturing, design and/or application engineering preferred.
- Familiarity with synthetic fibers and textile processing preferred.
- Mechanical testing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with steel cable design or use preferred.
- Familiar with Continuous Improvement concepts and tools and how those can be applied in a manufacturing setting preferred.