Senior Design Engineer
For our Mirage Engineering department in Derby (UK) we are looking for a Senior Design Engineer
Design of standard and non-standard product in compliance with the design procedures and standards provided. Production of accurate drawings, reports and calculations.
Presentation of design details to internal and external customers.
To train and mentor other engineers.
The incumbent may be required to travel occasionally as part of their duties.
- Own and drive key portable machine engineering projects from requirements capture through to completion.
- Cost efficient and safe design and development of standard and non-standard products.
- Close liaison with proposals and sales teams to ensure specifications and customer requirements are fully met, from initial enquiry to commission.
- Carrying out and check design calculations to satisfy all aspects of design integrity in compliance with company design procedures and external design codes.
- Produce and check design drawings and detailed manufacturing drawings utilizing 3D CAD.
- Compile the necessary technical documentation to fulfill contractual requirements, quality procedures, design codes and statutory directives.
- Commitment to supporting our customers on site as required.
- Part number and BOM (Bill of Material) structure creation and maintenance.
- Assisting other internal engineering teams with best practice solutions.
- To develop, train and mentor other engineers in the team.
- To accurately estimate timely completion of design projects.
- To use the departmental project management software effectively.
- To adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- The incumbent may be seconded to other Engineering Teams to meet business demands.
- Have a good knowledge of material removal techniques i.e., Turning / milling / drilling et cetera – some experience using factory machines would be advantageous.
- Have good appreciation of precision machinery, material selection and bearing selection.
- Have a background in machining (preferably in machining tools or machines).
- Knowledge and experience designing hydraulic and pneumatic driven mechanisms.
- Gearbox & gear design would be advantageous.
- Degree in an Engineering Discipline.
- More than 5 years of work experience, post degree.
- English Language Spoken and Written fluently.
- Proficient in using Solidworks 3D. Knowledge of using Inventor and Creo 3D also a benefit.
- Proficient with MS office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proficient use of PLM systems, Windchill preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with clients and peers at all levels.
- Ability to manage priorities and handle multiple tasks successfully.
- Must be able to work in front of a personal computer for long periods of time.