Cortland is a global designer, manufacturer, and supplier of technologically advanced ropes, slings, and strength members. Collaborating with customers, our team uses its experience in high performance materials and market knowledge to transform ideas into proven products. For more than 35 years, our custom-built solutions have been developed for work in the toughest environments and to overcome some of the world’s greatest challenges. They consistently enable our customers to meet the demands of the aerospace, defense, medical, research, subsea, marine, and energy industries.
Cortland is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
This role comprises production support and facilities maintenance responsibilities.
This is a day role where 50% of the time is spent doing routine work, and 50% of the time performing in a support role to production. These tasks are performed mostly independently without direct oversight.
Ability to deal with changes and respond to last minute requests. This role has a basic schedule but is very dependent on being pulled in new directions.
Ability to perform handyman work without supervision and professionally. (prior licensed contracting work desired). Examples include:
- Inspect floor markings and replace/repaint
- Inspect Facility paint needs and repaint
- Replace burned out light bulbs
- Fill holes in floor with concrete patcher
- Patch any drywall holes
- Fix broken wooden post sleeves/replace plywood if needed
- Basic concrete patching and grout repair
- Light bulb replacements and unclogging plumbing
Off site assignments driving a company pickup truck with heavy loads. Examples include:
Ability to pickup materials offsite driving the company pickup truck.
Ability to deliver parts to various machine shops in the area.
Ability to gather supplies from local stores, vendors, etc.
This role also assists with shipping/receiving and inventory. Examples include:
- Help load or unload trucks using a fork truck
- Line wooden crates with cardboard etc.
- Check daily KanBan levels
- Break down empty boxes
- Assist with inventory disposition – cut rope and dispose
- Log weights of materials
- Meter RTI, and perform large rope spooling
- Help count inventory (end of month)
- Set-up and break down inventory racks – execute 5S work.
Janitorial tasks on various frequencies:
- Daily wipe down – Wipe all high touch areas such as door handles, jams, etc.,
- Vacuum, sweep and empty trash bins for common areas
- Stock Restrooms/Sinks throughout facility
- Dump all garbage and cardboard dumpsters
- Weigh/strap & move process waste to WH10
- Operate an industrial sewing machine to help get caught up on large orders
- Check scrap box by test bed – cut up any scrap rope
- Check coating schedule to be able to strip bobbins; Strip scrap bobbins
Prior experience in manufacturing environment 1-2yrs preferred
Prior experience with handyman/contractor type work 2-3yrs
Must have previous demonstrated ability to drive fork trucks and handle pallets and dumpsters.
Ability to learn how to safely operate a fork truck.
Must be able to be on your feet all day.
Must be able to carry and operate a radio on your person.
Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly and regularly
Understanding of safety principals in a manufacturing environment
Must have a valid drivers license and clean driving record.
Must be willing and able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Must be willing and able to adapt to changing roles and responsibilities to support changing business needs.