Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
Our vision is to be our customer’s preferred partner through relentless innovation of industrial tools and services that help them safely and reliably tackle their toughest jobs around the world.
Our corporate office is located across from a beautiful park, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Summary – basic function of the role
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes within the Hydratight manufacturing environment: Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods and processes, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication and machining processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control standards and safety standards This position is responsible for all production related processes with improvement targets in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing/Editing of CNC programs and completion of manufacturing method/process sheets.
- Using current design standards and processes, develops component part drawings from form, fit and function assembly drawings. Applies knowledge of composition and machinability of ferrous and non-ferrous materials with knowledge of machines, tooling and capabilities to develop standardized processes.
- Works closely with the Focused Factory team to continuously improve and standardize current processes; develops and implements improved processes and incorporates into designs. Investigates and troubleshoots process problems as they occur and takes necessary corrective actions. Confers with Design Engineering to assure designs fit the best manufacturing processes. Request engineering changes to reduce costs, improve quality or decrease manufacturing times. Coordinates implementation of approved changes.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts throughout the organization utilizing Lean Manufacturing tools including 6S, set-up reduction (SMED), standard work, value stream mapping and continuous flow manufacturing.
- Identifies equipment needs and further investigates and prepares capital equipment justifications.
- Identifies and qualifies outside vendors supplying raw materials, subcontract machining and other processes. Negotiates contracts with vendors and follows up on services to insure quality and timely delivery. Investigates and approves outside vendors for tooling and fixtures as needed.
- Performs cost-estimating functions as needed on new or pending orders. Operate AutoCAD and/or Pro E equipment to design and develop tooling and fixtures.
- Develops training programs and materials and conducts training sessions as needed on processes.
- Works closely with Focused Factory team on all shifts to provide guidance and instruction on proper processes. Work closely with quality personnel to modify and continuously improve processes to enhance quality, stabilize processes and/or reduce costs.
- Advise Focused Factory team of engineering problems or concerns. Confer with other manufacturing engineers to share knowledge and corrective actions to enhance/improve overall company quality and profitability.
Skills and Competencies
- Encourages and facilitates change
- Possesses the ability to clarify complex situations
- Promotes diversity of ideas
- Able to manage multiple priorities with a bias towards action and speed
- Searches for solutions, drives continuous improvement and constantly raises the bar to stretch own and others’ levels of achievement
- Customer focused
- Constantly displays integrity and respect
- Bases decisions on fact and adopts a disciplined approach
- Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions
- Four-year Bachelors of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent) preferred
- Associate Degree coupled with 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing processes and process improvement within a Lean environment accepted.
- Good communication skills – internal and external Customers
- Proven strong project management skills delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Proficient in the use of 2D computer aided design.
- Working knowledge of 3D computer aided design (Pro/E or Inventor preferred).
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP system products preferred.
- Proficient with MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and Power Point.
- Continuous Improvement background and Expertise in methods and tools.
Approximately 20% of travel within region.
Work Environment EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer
Job Location Position Type
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Never Compromise – choose ETG!
Employee’s work environment will vary from day to day from either office environment or climate-controlled manufacturing facilities.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to travel to a variety of work locations, including traveling by air/auto to remote sites. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer and telephone for long periods of time, as well as sitting for a period of time due to travel.