The Social Media Manager is responsible for driving the strategy, execution, and measurement of engaging brand-right content and community management across multiple platforms. This position reports to the Director of Brand Marketing and Customer Strategy (DTC vertical).
The role is remote within the NYC Metro area
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and optimize social media marketing campaigns that:
- deliver against business goals:
- Increase qualified followers, primarily on Instagram and Facebook, with the intent to convert to customers
- Drive traffic to EF.com and Stores
- Meet revenue KPIs
- deliver on brand goals:
- Founder and senior leader feedback
- Consistently beat benchmark engagement rates
- Clear and compelling storytelling about our design philosophy, values, and circular ecosystem
- Translate key brand and business stories into unique social media content, in partnership with Brand Content leaders and DTC business leaders
- Negotiate UGC through pre-approved influencers and friends of the brand; facilitate contracts, gifted product, and invoicing within budget
- Monitor the community and respond to follower comments (both positive and negative) in close partnership with Customer Service. Engage regularly with affinity brand accounts.
- Provide thought leadership on social media tactics and opportunities, including sharing timely insights
- Report results of each campaign including recommendations for future and a monthly demographic and social listening report
- Monitor competitive activity / best practices
- Manage social media budgets in concert with larger team and company budget priorities
- Analyze x-functional reports and attend key meetings in order to make strategic and tactical decisions.
- Model leadership behaviors; cultivate collaborative partnerships founded in positivity, creativity, and solution-focused teamwork.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Creative or related fields preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience; preferably in corporate retail, agency, or media company
- 1+ year of social media account management experience and original content creation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter who can proactively drive their responsibilities forward on brand, on time and within budget
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and react to current cultural conversations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and social publishing/monitoring tools; basic knowledge of video and photo editing tools
- Ability to interpret data using established analytics/reporting tools to understand campaign performance, while educating senior leadership