Director of Application Support and Project Management
Responsible for the administration of overall banking applications in use by the company. Applications include core and ancillary systems, computer applications, and software. Responsibilities include evaluation, customization, configuration, upgrade, interface and implementation. Ensures that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, are updated and maintained timely, fulfill end-user requirements, and identifies and resolves systems issues. Reviews and analyzes existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and develops strategies for improvement. Understands Bank operations and ensures application-usage best practices. Leads Project Management and Application Support teams. Participates in DR/BCP Operational and IT testing.
- Manages staff including conducting one-on-one meetings with direct reports, performance evaluations, coaching and department meetings.
- Reviews system and application documentation, releases and analyzes existing applications for efficiency and effectiveness. Work with business units to develop strategy for improving these systems.
- Performs application and system testing and validation by assisting business units with testing script development and execution. Identifies potential problem areas and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Project management responsibilities include new solution evaluations, documenting business requirements, upgrade planning and coordination, assignment of duties to project team members, perform or participate in system knowledge transfer or train the trainer sessions, IT testing or installation activities, user acceptance testing and end user support.
- Ensures that any new software integration into bank's systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Manages and coordinates the installation of a new system or the upgrade of an existing system in a test environment, working with the proper technical resources on both the vendor and the bank side.
- Performs DR/BCP testing with IT Network and end user operational staff.
- Maintains knowledge of core data processing system by staying current with system bulletins.
- Develops and conducts end user training and training materials.
- Liaises with network administrators, IT user support, and vendors to ensure quality assurance, system configuration, and data processing interfaces are documented.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- Five (5) years of banking operations experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, business management or finance, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience in the area of application systems support or testing, business analysis or production implementation.
- At least three (3) years of Business Analyst or implementation/core conversion experience at data processing or banking vendor preferred.
- Project Management or Business Analysis certification preferred.
- At least three (3) years management/team leadership experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.