FHA Multifamily Senior Underwriter - VA or MD
The FHA Senior Underwriter / Portfolio Manager will primarily be responsible for facilitating project and mortgage underwriting, due diligence, closings and asset management on FHA loans originated by EagleBank’s FHA team and Relationship Managers. This position will work with FHA Lending Manager(s), Chief Underwriter and Underwriting Analyst & Processor to initiate, track, and complete the FHA loan application process through interactions with prospective or existing client and HUD. This position will act as liaison between the bank and borrower to ensure a proficient loan transaction by reviewing and monitoring loan closing packages following the approval of a FHA loan, and coordinate the closing of the loan with internal and external customers. Post-closing, this position will oversee asset management responsibilities for their assigned portion of the Bank’s FHA loan portfolio.
- Independently perform underwriting on FHA insured multifamily and healthcare loans, in accordance with EagleBank and applicable FHA requirements.
- Oversee FHA loan processor and analyst during the underwriting process to ensure FHA applications are prepared efficiently, accurately, in accordance with MAP Guide and Lean Handbook requirements.
- Select third parties, facilitate their effort, and review reports.
- Perform site visits of prospective collateral with diligence and in accordance with MAP Guide and Lean Handbook requirements.
- Interface with client and other stakeholders as needed throughout underwriting process to request information, provide updates, and answer questions.
- Communicate with HUD staff regarding FHA applications, both formally and informally.
- Work with lender’s, borrower’s and HUD counsel to facilitate the closing of FHA loans.
- Perform asset management functions for FHA loans in the Bank’s portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration in Finance or Business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years commercial real estate underwriting and/or asset management experience
- 3+ years FHA multifamily underwriting and/or asset management experience (preferred)
- MAP approved underwriter or on MAP approved underwriter track
- Healthcare/Lean experience preferred but not required
- Understanding of entire FHA lending process, including screening, underwriting, HUD approval, closing, and asset management (preferred)
- Working knowledge of FHA Multifamily MAP Guide (preferred)
- Experience with MS Office, proficient with Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to communicate via e-mail and phone as required, and efficiently utilize Google search for loan due diligence, FHA/HUD reference and problem solving
- Ability to review, normalize and analyze property and sponsor financial statements.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will require some travel (less than 10%)
- Ability to handle a fast paced, challenging environment where timely completion of projects is essential and expected
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks as necessary
- Ability to work as a member of a team to collaborate, teach, learn, and deliver results.
- Strong analytical and technical capabilities including the ability to effectively prepare, present and communicate analytical results and reports in a business context to facilitate decision-making.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Willing and able to provide great customer service for clients and stakeholders
- Personifies the Bank’s commitment to Relationships F.I.R.S.T
Location of the role is flexible - will consider Bethesda, MD and Tyson's Corner, VA
EagleBank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees.