Administrative Assistant - Internal Audit
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Reporting to the Chief Audit Executive (CAE), this position provides assistance and support by performing a full range of varied multi-skilled secretarial, administrative and assistant responsibilities, and coordinates the day-to-day administrative operations of the Internal Audit Department. This position provides administrative support to the CAE, Audit Program Managers and the Audit staff and requires creativity, independent and discretionary judgment and confidentiality to ensure that the needs of the internal and external stakeholders are met.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitors the smooth flow of information within Internal Audit, and to and from stakeholders and other areas in a courteous, professional and efficient manner.
• Provide efficient, accurate, and timely support to contribute to the success in all areas of the department.
• Reviews outgoing correspondence for grammar, formatting, correctness and completeness, and insures that all appropriate material is attached.
• Coordinate meetings for CAE and Audit Program Managers.
• Produce standard reports using routine, but varied and multiple, spreadsheets and databases following a prescribed format and schedule.
• Provide support to the Audit Committees or other meetings.
• Manages the Department Calendar to ensure that monthly, quarterly and annual deliverable commitments, meetings and project deadlines are met.
• Ensures that documents and packages are complete and sent out timely.
• Keep files in a complete, accurate, and timely fashion in accordance with the organizations and department policies and procedures.
• Interacts with Administrative support at the corporate level to coordinate meetings.
• Produces, edits, prints, images, and files reports.
• Ensures that objectives are accomplished in accordance with the management’s outlined priorities.
• Maintain appointment calendars for management, events, meetings and departmental functions.
• Coordinates logistics for external party engagements including arranging system access and computer equipment needs.
• Responsible for office supply inventory and equipment needs.
• Individualize orientation process for new audit staff.
• Oversee record retention requirements and schedule.
High School Diploma or equivalent Required
Associate’s degree in secretarial science or equivalent education/experience Preferred
2 years of reception, administrative, and customer service experience in a professional office required.
Related experience in a audit or banking preferred.
2 years of skilled word processing and data base experience required.