C&I Portfolio Administrator - Bethesda
The Portfolio Administrator acts as a liaison between the bank and the customer to ensure the appropriate and expedient processing and booking of new loans and Letters of Credit. This includes reviewing the loan approval and borrower information to confirm that the necessary requirements are met prior to submitting a loan package for documentation and closing; reviewing the final loan documents to ensure compliance with the loan approval; coordinating the closing of loans with internal and external customers and vendors; and initiating and overseeing the loan funding and booking process. The Portfolio Administrator also provides support to Relationship Managers with respect to day-to-day customer needs, and serves as a liaison between the line, the Loan Documentation Department and the Loan Servicing Department.
- Reviews loan package approvals (new loans, loan renewals, extensions and modifications) prior to submitting requests for loan documentation. Requests and reviews borrower information to ensure necessary requirements are met prior to submitting loan package for loan documentation and loan closing.
- Coordinates loan documentation preparation with the Documentation Department or outside attorney as appropriate.
- Serves as a point of contact for the borrower to address questions or concerns during loan documentation and closing process.
- Reviews final loan documents to ensure that they are in compliance with the loan approval, and ensures that all fees are disclosed to the borrower prior to closing.
- Coordinates the closing of loans which may include ordering title work, UCC searches, surveys, flood determinations and tax service contracts, as well as obtaining insurance certificates and payoff letters.
- Ensures that pre-funding and pre-closing requirements are met prior to the funding deadline.
- Ensures the loan documents are appropriately signed, dated and organized for booking.
- Collects and processes all fees on the date of closing.
- Prepares loan file for funding, generates input sheets to send to funding and loan servicing, and the cover sheets to build an electronic loan file.
- Updates and submits documents to the vault using the vault log. Scans all documents required for funding.
- Processes client draw requests for lines of credit in compliance with loan approvals, as well as transfers, payments, and addresses questions/requests from customers at various times of the day in a timely manner.
- Reviews and processes overdrafts prior to overdraft cutoff time.
- Reviews and monitors the past due and coming due reports to ensure maturing loans are processed and loan payments are collected in a timely manner.
- Requests the payment of past due loans once they reach 10 days past due, and every 10 days thereafter, until cleared.
- Coordinates the payment of invoices for service providers the same day of receipt.
- Manages the Aged GL Report to meet monthly deadlines.
- Manages critical and other documentation exceptions to minimal levels at all times.
- Updates and revises loan related reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- May require some travel.
- Excellent oral communication when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with internal and external customers.
- The ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and adapt to change in the work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College Degree preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a commercial banking environment, to include collateral and loan documentation experience (ordering title work, UCC searches, surveys, flood determinations, tax service contracts, payoff letters, and insurance certificates).
- Experience reviewing corporate documents (e.g. articles of incorporation, by-laws, operating agreements, and partnership agreements) preferred.
- Financial institution experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.