ACH Fraud Analyst
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
The ACH Fraud Analyst provides processing and operational support to our fraud risk mitigating application. Responsible and accountable for the effective resolution of all fraud alerts. Serves as a main point of contact for all ACH Fraud related problem resolution. Acts as the operational expert for ACH fraud analytics and addresses ACH fraud issues to ensure they are resolved in an efficient and timely manner. Respond and resolves ACH fraud issues of the highest complexity by maintaining a strong knowledge of behavioral analytics and risk mitigating rules. Responds timely to fraud alerts from risk mitigating tool in accordance with established procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in designing processes/workflows for ACH Fraud enhanced monitoring.
- Performs ACH oversight for ACH Risk Mitigating Application.
- Solve ACH Fraud Alert exceptions, identify proactively when issues require escalation, and work independently with the Security Department and other areas within the bank.
- Establishes himself/herself over time to the subject matter expert on ACH Fraud and Risk Mitigation.
- Research and resolve the highest level escalated ACH fraud issues.
- Respond and performs timely to customer ACH Fraud inquiries.
- Acts as a liaison between Incident Response Team (IRT) and internal partners to ensure smooth communication and completion of EthicsPoint.
- Conduct independent research for Unauthorized transactions/Fraud requests from client.
- Analyzes complex problems and delivers solutions where a precedent may not exist.
- Performs operational dashboard for tracking performance.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation/log of ACH Fraud activities and transactions, as required.
- Performs daily reviews of exception and risk reports and takes action based on transaction characteristics as appropriate and necessary.
- Reviews potential fraudulent accounts for prevention and detection of fraud.
- Communicates with Branch staff and management with risk recommendations and remedies for preventing ACH fraud.
- Responsible for reviewing new accounts for fraud risk indicators and compliance.
- Ensures proper procedures are followed to minimize losses to the Bank and its customers, while maintaining quality service.
- Delivers superior support to stakeholders
- Support other ACH operational related duties as assigned