Director, Application Support and Project Management
Oversees the management of systems and applications used by the bank including system configurations, upgrades, interfaces and implementation. Ensures that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfills end-user requirements, and identifies and resolves systems issues. Reviews and analyzes existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and develops strategies for improving these systems. Cultivates and disseminates knowledge of application-usage best practices. Leads Project management and Application Support teams. Participates in DR/BCP Operational and IT testing.
- Manages staff including conducting one-on-one meetings with direct reports, performance evaluations, coaching and department meetings.
- Reviews system and application documentation, releases and analyzes existing applications for efficiency and effectiveness. Work with business units to develop strategy for improving these systems.
- Performs application and system testing and validation by assisting business units with testing script development and execution. Identifies potential problem areas and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Project management responsibilities include new solution evaluations, documenting business requirements, upgrade planning and coordination, assignment of duties to project team members, perform or participate in system knowledge transfer or train the trainer sessions, IT testing or installation activities, user acceptance testing and end user support.
- Ensures that any new software integration into bank's systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Manages and coordinates the installation of a new system or the upgrade of an existing system in a test environment, working with the proper technical resources on both the vendor and the bank side.
- Performs DR/BCP testing with IT Network and end user operational staff.
- Maintains knowledge of core data processing system by staying current with system bulletins.
- Develops and conducts end user training and training materials.
- Liaises with network administrators, IT user support, and vendors to ensure quality assurance, system configuration, and data processing interfaces are documented.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Project Management methodologies
- Ability to resolve technical issues with a strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of core and peripheral systems of a financial institution or financial business related company.
- Understanding of the utilization and the administration of software applications to assist in the implementation, maintenance, and general user support.
- Knowledge of banking operational processes.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of users who have varying levels of computer expertise.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self directed. Detail oriented.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively with nontechnical and technical business clients and teams.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to effectively manage others.
- Travel, as required.
- The ability to lift 5-10 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others while doing so.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, business management or finance, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience in the area of application systems support or testing, business analysis or production implementation.
- Project Management or Business Analysis certification preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience in various bank operations, information systems, or technology positions.
- At least three (3) years of Business Analyst or implementation/conversion experience at data processing or banking vendor preferred.
- At least three (3) years management/team leadership experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.