Environmental, Health, and Safety
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and marketers serving the light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial and aftermarket industries. Our portfolio consists of Clean Air, Powertrain, Aftermarket, and Ride Performance products and technology solutions. With our product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we're at a great place to build a lasting career.
We are looking for an Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager for our Marshall, Michigan facility supporting our Clean Air business group. In this role, you will be responsible for the plant’s administration, implementation, and enforcement of our safety and environmental policies to ensure compliance with various entities. Our top candidate will have strong proven experience as a leader in EHS within a manufacturing environment.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Work in conjunction with the management team, and Human Resources to create, maintain, and continually improve safety systems, programs, and training in the plant.
- Strategically analyze and trend: observations, near miss/first aid, and recordable incident data.
- Serve as a “Voice for Safety”. Be visible to the employees and lead the vision for the overall safety culture in the plant.
- Drive a constant continuous improvement program for safety throughout the plant providing recommendations for correcting safety hazards and unsafe work practices and implementation of corrective requirements.
- Regularly perform, lead teams to perform, and maintain site risk assessment analysis and employee training to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Prepare, update, and maintain all health and safety reports and ensure that the safety records system is current and accurate.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Operations to control Worker’s Compensation claims and cost. Conducts incident investigations and analysis. Implement strategies to minimize the number of occupational illnesses and injuries.
- Maintain and continually improve the EHS Management System in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard and all the EHS legal and other requirements identified by local, state and federal government agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Occupational or Industrial Hygiene.
- At least 10 years of management/supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment in the EHS field.
- Automotive manufacturing environment highly preferred.
This position is located at 904 Industrial Rd., Marshall, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.