Market Analytics Manager
Tenneco’s Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Öhlins with 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are looking for a (Remote) Market Analytics Manager to join our team - this role is based in Lake Forest but the person in this role may be located anywhere in the US (working remotely). This role will report directly to the Executive Director, Global Market Intelligence. Come join an agile and highly impactful team with a mission to develop and empower the organization with advanced market analytics capabilities and insights. The Market Intelligence Team aims at building efficient and scalable processes and tools to enhance global market monitoring, performance benchmarking, demand forecasting, and market segmentation. Our goal is to support business decisions and improve business performance with quantitative and qualitative insights about industry trends, customer insights and competitive intelligence.
The Market Analytics Manager will act as a subject matter expert providing market analytics and forecasting process, system and tools leadership, guidance, management and training, and collaborate with multiple senior stakeholders to bring analytical rigor, strategic insights and business recommendations. Also you will work closely with business and product teams, develop deep understanding of designated business lines, and lead market analytics and reports to support leadership teams on better decision making. This is a highly visible senior level individual contributor role with potential to grow into people management in time.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Lead the development and application of market analytics and predictive modeling systems and processes for global automotive aftermarket business.
- Design modern, simple and scalable market demand analytics, time series forecasts, simulations and scenario modeling by region, product line and SKU.
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and other key teams to embed market analytics and forecasting across the organization.
- Standardize global market analytics processes and drive best practices in predictive analytics and accuracy improvement.
- Collaborate with other Market Intelligence team members to establish comprehensive market understanding of channels, installers, consumers and competitors.
- Lead and manage project expectations, milestones and deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in data science (Python, R, SQL), data preparation, and utilizing large data sets.
- Expert of Power BI modeling and dashboard visualization creations and analysis.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Azure Databricks / Data Warehouse / Synapse Analytics and related cloud computing platforms a plus.
- Able to develop and implement effective plans in line with organization’s objectives within a particular economic situation, set goals and determine priorities, and identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Analytical experience in consumer product goods (CPG), retail, or automotive aftermarket industries is a strong plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Marketing Analytics, Mathematics, or other business-related quantitative disciplines. Master's degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in developing and deploying market analytics / demand forecasting / business intelligence capabilities, tools and processes
- Proven experience in solving business problems by applying data science methodologies such as econometrics, regression, time series, SKU level sales / demand forecasting, etc.
- Prior experience analyzing VIO data, economic data and sales data, identifying and obtaining scalable dataset for market forecasting analysis
- Extensive knowledge and experience in identifying and quantifying the driving factors of dynamic market demand and developing creative analytical solutions.
- International experience or experience delivering global projects preferred.
This position is located at 500 N. Field Drive, Lake Forest, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.