Material, Planning, and Logistics
Tenneco’s Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Öhlins with 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are looking for a Production Planner. This role is responsible for planning/establishing the production schedule for a defined segment of a manufacturing operation. Schedules the production of parts, assemblies and/or tooling as required by the master production scheduler. Makes necessary modifications to schedules as approved by higher level employees, issues orders to the appropriate department when revisions are made to the schedule.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Review customer orders and develop production schedules including priority sequencing requirements. Ensure maximization of common part processing and level loading to achieve manufacturing process efficiencies.
- Maintain accurate and timely loading of master schedules in manufacturing planning and control system to ensure complete requirements planning of component parts.
- Works with Material Analyst to ensure required raw materials are ordered in a timely fashion thereby making sure that they are available to meet customer demand.
- Work with Customer Service to ensure customer orders are up to date.
- Work with shipping department to ensure on hand inventories are reliable and up to date.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, at least a High School degree is required.
Skills & Experience:
- Maintain and utilize the set 5-S standard.
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
This position is located at 1 Grizzly Lane, Smithville, TN. View the Google Map in full screen.