Application Engineer, Commercial Vehicle
Tenneco’s Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Öhlins with 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are looking for an Application Engineer. The Application Engineer plays a key role in the design and development process of friction products for our Commercial Vehicle customers. This work may include customer requirements definition, material selection, dynamometer and vehicle validation testing, failure analysis, customer interfacing and simultaneous engineering with the manufacturing plant. The Application Engineer is responsible for actively participating in the customer teams. As a member of these teams, he/she is challenged to manage the current business situation as well as setting the future direction of the business.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Develop new product and material requirements to meet the changing demands of the marketplace.
- Self-directed, requires little supervision.
- Responsible for the education of less experienced Application Engineers.
- Ability to completely direct the activities of an account.
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
- Possesses and applies fundamental knowledge of vehicle brake system and component design, to subjective and objective data encountered in day to day analysis of friction material testing, fleet evaluation and customer returns.
- Has the ability to perform detailed presentations, including presenting them to customers.
- Assist in implementing new materials and designs.
- Actively participate in achieving Corporate and Divisional goals and objectives for quality, cost, profit, return on sales, productivity as well as adherence to budget goals
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of five years engineering work experience in a related field
- 3 – 5 Years of Commercial Vehicle Braking experience
- Experience with mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems
This position is located at 44064 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., Plymouth, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.