Senior IT Manager
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and marketers serving the light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial and aftermarket industries. Our portfolio consists of Clean Air, Powertrain, Aftermarket, and Ride Performance products and technology solutions. With our product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we're at a great place to build a lasting career.
We are looking for a Senior IT Manager to be part of our North America Clean Air business group. In this role, you will leverage best practices and promote continuous improvement of methods and tools used within our Information Technology function. There will be intensive collaboration with the North America Clean Air staff and their teams to identify, scope, and prioritize application delivery projects, enhancements, and support requirements. In addition, you will be responsible for budgets and cost reduction initiatives for the North America applications team.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Coaches and develops a team that becomes self-managed; with a strong team spirit, which holds each other accountable for high standards.
- Understands HR processes like objectives setting, Individual Development Planning, and Performance Evaluation.
- Creates a learning organization. Ensures training plans are developed. Develops the right skill mix from both a soft skill and technology skill mix perspective.
- Drives broadening the skill sets of analysts (e.g. develop skills in multiple SAP modules) and aligning them to our key business processes (e.g. Purchase to Payment, Order to Cash, Planning to Production, etc.).
- Ensures team develops communication skills to ensure inter-team and intra-team communication.
- Manages vendor relationship for using 3rd party resources or service providers to bridge capacity- or skill-gaps when staffing projects.
- Ensures proper communication and coordination with leaders of other IT groups.
- Works with the North America Clean Air management team to understand the project portfolio and assists in managing expectations and resolving priority issues.
- Surfaces and proactively resolves priority conflicts between projects initiated by different business, application and infrastructure groups.
- Works with project managers and scrum masters to ensure projects are properly staffed.
- Ensures projects meet the business requirements but continue to fit corporate IT architecture and strategy.
- Drives the spirit of 'continuous' improvement in factory tools, methods and standards.
- Ensures support activities meet SLAs and SLOs established with the business. Actively monitors team’s performance against these targets including any 3rd party support team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills plus strong coaching and people development skills.
- Understands HR processes like objective setting, employee development, and performance evaluation.
- Strong in vendor management, consulting and negotiating skills.
- Ability to direct efforts of others in remote locations in different time zones.
- Proven skills in conflict management.
- Skills in Excel / Word / PowerPoint / MS Project.
- Strong decision maker, excellent in follow-up, organizing and planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to communicate in other languages relevant for the region is a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple requests simultaneously. Ability to troubleshoot difficult problems under time constraints.
- Ability to travel - on average 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics. Master’s degree desired.
- 10+ years' experience in mid-sized application delivery or support.
- Experience with budgeting.
This position is located at 3901 Willis Rd., Grass Lake, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.