This role is with the Dole Fresh Vegetables (DFV) division. DFV will provide INTERNAL CANDIDATES priority and consideration of their success in existing and prior roles as valid experience.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Recruiter anticipates and meets the evolving staffing needs of Dole Fresh Vegetable departments by developing and implementing strategic recruitment methods to recruit diverse talent for the assigned Value-Added facility.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Partners with HR and executives to track and report key metrics to forecast and develop plans for key staffing initiatives. Leverages this and other recruitment data in partnership with HR leadership to increase recruiting efficiency.
- Manages full cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels within assigned DFV facility. Creates and implements strategies to attract passive job seekers and to tap into new talent pools to proactively anticipate staffing demands.
- Partners with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
- Creates and documents quality interview processes that ensure hiring managers and interview teams are leveraging best-practice behavioral and situational questions to uncover evidence of skills, fit, track record, and motivators – all required to predict success.
- Manages job advertisements on various internal and external online and community platforms and maintains compliance with Dole messaging and branding.
- Adheres to all federal, state, and local regulations governing the employment process; keeps applicant files in good order for applicant tracking purposes.
- Reviews and evaluates candidate’s work history, education, training, and other qualifications against role and hiring manager requirements.
- Responsible for partnering with Operations, IT, and HR to assist with providing a positive new hire experience for employees.
- Develops strong relationships and partners with hiring managers, business leaders, and HR to maximize the effectiveness of recruiting processes.
- Responsible for timely follow-up communication with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure overall satisfaction of the recruitment process.
- Actively participates in all staffing-related activities and engage in cross-functional projects.
- Develops and implements search strategies that include vendor selection process and performance metrics for all searches.
- Other HR-related duties as assigned.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Internal: Plant Leadership, Managers, Supervisors, Human Resources, Finance, IT, Payroll, New Hires
- External: Candidates, references, agencies, service providers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 15 lbs.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
Ability to work beyond regular business hours, weekends, as needed.
- Strong understanding of recruiting in all levels of the organization from entry-level to corporate staff.
- Must have experience mapping and sourcing resumes from all sources for skilled and unskilled labor roles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills.
- Clear understanding of the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle processes.
- Strong vendor manager skills related to recruitment activities such as search firms and job boards
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and in-depth knowledge of data mining and internet research.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources policies, practices, and programs with the ability to communicate them to candidates and hiring managers.
- Bilingual / biliterate in English / Spanish preferred.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 3+ years of Staffing/Recruitment experience.
- BA/BS degree or relevant work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This position is located at 600 Benjamin Dr., Springfield, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.