GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Responsible for routinely removing boxes from conveyor and/or packaging area and stacking them on pallets according to the stacking pattern.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Remove boxes from conveyor and/or packaging area
- Ensure boxes meet code and printing requirement
- Stack boxes on pallet platforms according to stacking pattern
- Interact with materials to ensure full pallets are removed from station in a timely manner
- Complete paperwork and reports as required
- Comply with Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to this position.
- Comply with other duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in a food processing facility is desired, but not required. Willing to train.
- SKILLS: Must have good communication skills.
- ADDITIONAL: Hands-on ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented food processing environment. Required to work independently and with limited supervision. Must be able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures. Must be flexible and able to work in other assigned positions and/or areas of the production department as needed
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
INTERNAL: Supervisor, Lead, Quality Assurance
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
HS Diploma or GED preferred but not required
Work is performed in a cool environment with an average temperature of 34 degrees F. Concentrated chlorine and concealed ammonia is present. Work surfaces and floors may be wet. Employees are required to wear approved shoes and protective equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted up to ¾ of the workday, and 15 lbs overhead as job demands. Constant standing on a concrete floor, reaching, bending, stooping, and repetitive hand movements may be required. Moving machinery, including conveyor and forklifts are in operation in the immediate area.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
Ability to work overtime; some weekends are required.
This position is located in Soledad, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.