GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Pack bags of salad in a safe an accurate manner and stack boxes of salads on the skid.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Pack the correct number of bags per box.
- Check for correct bag codes and expiration dates.
- Check for bag’s defects (wrinkle, product in the seal, open bag, under/overweight etc.)
- Check for any foreign objects and broken Masterpacks.
- Other tasks within the packaging room include: rework bags of salads and stacking boxes of salads on skids and inspection of product both raw and finished. Operate bin dumper in trim area to feed lines.
- Must have the ability to be present at work on time, follow directions and interact well with co-workers
- Employees must adhere to all policies, practices, and SOP’s related to producing Safe Quality Food (SQF)
- Comply with Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to this position.
- Comply with other duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- Should be able to read English
- Work in a fast pace production environment.
- Previous food manufacturing experience is preferred.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: QA Technicians, Packaging Machine Operators, Production Leads, other Packers, and Supervisors.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This position is located in Soledad, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.